How much did you lose in the first 6 months?

Options
13»

Replies

• Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32 yo female 5'7. I followed Weight Watchers and lost 4 stone in 6 months. Started at 15st 11lbs. I usually lost 1.5-2lbs a week and from what I can work out if a WW point = 40 kcals then I was eating an average of 1400-1500 kcals a day.
    Good luck - any loss is better than none but you've left yourself plenty of time so should see a good result if you stick to your calories on here.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Started out at 313# and hit 255.2# at the start of July, 2012, so 57.8# in 6 months.

I think you can do it, but don't freak out if you don't hit your loss goal spot on.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just bear in mind if you have a lot to lose then its much easier to lose and it slows down the closer you get to target so the headline figure can be misleading. Also in the beginning you will lose water weight quickly. On the good side when you have quite a lot to lose you cna lose quite a lot more easily.

An accurate 1000 cal a day from food moderation is quite aggressive, but that would give you c2lb a week. The exercise at 50% eatback would give you 2/7 3/7 of a 1lb.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Depends on what time frame we are talking:

First 6 months I attempted weight loss in 2012 - around 60 lbs (and shortly afterwards I stopped and regained some because what I was doing was unhealthy and not sustainable)

First 6 months after I started using MFP in 2013 - 45 lbs (found out I was pregnant shortly after this milestone)

First 6 months after my last pregnancy in 2014 - 34.5 lbs (if we start about 6 weeks after I had my son or 45.6 if we use my highest pregnancy weight)

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hey bud, looks like you're on the right track. I've been eating healthier for about 3 months, and lost about 40lbs. I'm just now under 300lbs so I'm stoked!
    Couple things I've learned is that the weight loss isn't consistent or "linear" as they say. Sometimes I don't lose any weight for a week and then I'll lose 5 lbs the next week.
    Also, it's deff all about a caloric deficit, which I can see you know, but sticking to a nice deficit is much easier when you're eating healthy things...in my experience, eating a big bag of veggies will fill you up for a few hours, give you some much needed nutrition, and help you carve out a few hundred calories extra for dinner. Those are my 2 cents =)
  • jjburger77
    jjburger77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was on track to losing 60 pounds in the first 6 months, but it ended up being around 40 I think. I'm 2 1/2 years into my journey and am on the verge of 70 pounds altogether. I have friends who lost everything in a year, but I'm realistic with and know a slower weight loss will most likely mean I will be more successful with keeping it off. For instance, I've been able to maintain my weight the past year. I'm back on track to get the final 30 off. :)
  • ashypashy7
    ashypashy7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    SW 300 lbs, first six months I lost 60 lbs.
  • orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    28lbs in 6 months (that's about a 1.25 lbs a week).

I know it sounds great to lose a bunch of weight really quick, but it's not healthy. No one should be losing more than 2lbs a week (and then only if you're obese) unless you are under a doctor's supervision.

I lost around 2.6lbs per week, mind you I was 200+lbs overweight and followed by a weight management clinic.
    Definitely a good idea to have a doctor follow you. Just to make sure everything is looking good as you lose. For instance, the clinic I go to does bloodwork, EKG, ultrasounds (I have fatty liver) and they check my BMR every so many months (was 2500 eight months ago and 2750 two months ago).

Whole point of losing weight is to get healthier ^^

• GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm only 2 months into my weight loss journey and I've already lost 24 pounds. I started at 188lbs and am now 164lbs ( I haven't weighed myself this week yet) I weigh myself once a week and eat clean and healthy 98% of the time with 5 x 1 hour gym trips a week. My goal weight is 128lbs.