Foods to energise? What are your experiences?

makeoverpm
makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
Yesterday I had a good reminder of how much better I feel and so much more full of energy when I have certain foods and cut others.

Having had a few days of eating poorly, too much white carbs I was feeling lethargic, constantly hungry and not 100%.

Yesterday I decided to pull myself together and had, two fresh veggie juices using up left over veg, celery, carrot, ginger, apples and spinach and also some homemade veg soup. The difference in my energy levels was incredible! I felt so good by the end of the day which has helped motivate me to get back to good habits.

How about your experiences, I'd love to hear about them? Do you find certain foods energise you?

Replies

• makeoverpm
    Also strangely in spite of having way less calories I did not feel hungry.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Me and my husband had our house sprayed for termites this week... which means no kitchen and eating out all week 2 or 3 times a day... and omg i feel like crap!!! i have been doing so good in eating a balanced diet and now this i have gained 5 lbs since the process...
  • makeoverpm
    Oooh that sounds stressful. Don't worry about the 5lbs the scales lie.....after a long weekend away and eating out the whole time the scales told me I'd put on 6lbs this week I've eaten better and levelled out the scales tell me I'm 8lb lighter! I know I've not lost 8lbs so the higher reading must have been false. None of this of course is based on any science just my personal observation. My clothes are looser too.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    I always feel so good eating for life! I follow Mr Dr JOel furhman's gbombs diet. bitter greens, beans, mushrooms, onions, mushrooms, berries and seeds. Adding exercise on top of that makes it even better.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    makeoverpm wrote: »
    Oooh that sounds stressful. Don't worry about the 5lbs the scales lie.....after a long weekend away and eating out the whole time the scales told me I'd put on 6lbs this week I've eaten better and levelled out the scales tell me I'm 8lb lighter! I know I've not lost 8lbs so the higher reading must have been false. None of this of course is based on any science just my personal observation. My clothes are looser too.

PHYSICS ISN'T REAL!!! GRAVITY ISN'T REAL!!! SCIENTISTS HAVE BEEN LYING TO US FOR DECADES!!!
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    I can tell the difference. If I have a few weekend snacks/meals over a weekend with more refined foods and sweets, I am a bit more lethargic on Mondays. I eat lean proteins, fruits & veggies on Monday and by later in day or for sure Tuesday, I am back to feeling awake and a bit more energy.
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm wrote: »

PHYSICS ISN'T REAL!!! GRAVITY ISN'T REAL!!! SCIENTISTS HAVE BEEN LYING TO US FOR DECADES!!!

Just to clarify I use the word lie metaphorically here not literally; clearly gravity and physical changes are very real. I was pointing out that scales are not accurate.
  • makeoverpm
    .....are not an accurate measure of real progress
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    It takes a few days to kick in, but for me, fruit makes a huge difference in my energy. Veggies, too, but not to the same extent.
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Avocados are magical for me! I also swear by smoothies that have half a frozen banana, three or four ice cubes, a cup of unsweetened coconut milk, spinach, and usually some sort of berry. I throw in some PB2 sometimes too for an extra little boost.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I ate 4 chocolate donuts at 400 cals a piece on Tuesday. That energized the heck out of me and made me feel good enough to put 53 miles on my bike in 2.5 hours.
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    my pre workout often send me right off galaxy and make me fly like superman if that counts