Makeup

Options

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I think guys are just dense and don't realize girls are wearing it haha... unless it's makeup-overload.

This. I think they would be shocked at what a regular no make up face actually looks like.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I usually wear concealer, eyeshadow, liner, and mascara. Sometimes I remember tinted moisturizer.

With zero makeup I have significant dark circles I am constantly asked whether I am sick or tired. :explode:

With concealer on my eye - bottom AND top lid - and a little black powder as liner and mascara I've gotten the "see, you look good without makeup!" :grumble:

With full eye shadow my eyes look dramatic under my big glasses. I vary on the natural vs the crazy depending on my mood. Sometimes people say they liked a color I used. It's not natural, but neither is any of my hair color :bigsmile:
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    The point of make up is to learn how to put it on so that it looks like you are not wearing any at all.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My profile picture is of me at a nightclub...I wear pretty much the same make-up style whenever I go out: I cant wear foundation and I don't wear blusher, I use a fairly natural lipstick, three shades of brown eyeshadow and some brown mascara. Although I would love to be able to do the funky styles that my sister does, I always get lots of compliments about my make-up so I guess it can't be too bad.

I have to admit that whenever I think a girl/woman looks stunning, she usually has a very natural look. Wearing makeup but appears flawless. My sister loves the dramatic look though...each to their own!

Edited for missing a word :blushing:
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My profile picture is definitely NOT my day-to-day. In fact, when I wear make-up, I tend to "under do" it.

I don't hate make-up, but it's something I just never made part of my normal routine. I definitely wear it if I'm going to a wedding or if I have an important meeting at work.
  • trailtripper
    Options
    I think it really depends on the woman. Most guys (myself included) how much work goes into putting make-up approiately so it does look minimal.

Some woman over use the makeup in my opinion, but that maybe the look they are going for (Funky).
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i wear chapstick and fragrance. sometimes nail polish. my hair gets shampoo, leave-in conditioner, and an occasional blow-dry. i don't know if this goes without saying or not, but this is practially ZERO maintainance for a female. i get complimented on my great skin all the time and on my hair occasionally. i'm not worried about how i look--i think i'm doing okay like this. :smile:

edited for grammar
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I think guys are just dense and don't realize girls are wearing it haha... unless it's makeup-overload.

This. I think they would be shocked at what a regular no make up face actually looks like.

Doubtful. In the 20+ years my wife and I have been married, she has worn makeup not even a half dozen times.

:smile:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I hardly wear makeup and when I do it's so subtle that it looks like I'm not wearing any. I have actually had people comment when my makeup is noticeable that I have it on.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Doubtful. In the 20+ years my wife and I have been married, she has worn makeup not even a half dozen times.

:smile:

Agreed. Pretty much the majority of the week I wear none.
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    People always tell me that I look fine without make up on but I just don't feel as confident. Honestly I swear to god my sub conscious is mental preparing me for the day when I do my make up in the mornings because I just feel so much more ready to face the day with my make up on :) I actually have a make up free profile picture (obviously not the current one haha) but I still don't think I look nice in that compared to the others even though other people disagree
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I love makeup, the only time you'll catch me without makeup is when I don't feel good or working out. Sometimes I have makeup on during a workout just depends on the day. I've been told I should be a makeup artist, but I love makeup and have a ton of it. If it is done right it looks great.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My usual routine is wash face +/- moisturizer (I try to remember but, frankly, even forget this step most of the time). Blow dry & straighten hair (naturally wavy + curly...but in weird, cow-licky ways).

On days where I want to "look good" or, more often given the number of hours I work, AWAKE....I'll put on a little tinted moisturizer, brown eyeliner, mascara, and a lip tint. I almost ALWAYS get complimented on these days, so clearly the puffy eye look isn't a good one, rofl.

If it's a special occasion, I'll go all out. Luckily, I had several "model" girlfriends when I was younger, so I actually know how to put on makeup pretty well...and have adjusted for age (I have a friend who is still doing 80s blue eye-shadow, now in her late-40s...ack!). Knowing when to NOT put makeup on like a 20 year old is important too....
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I never leave home without it!
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup if I'm going out with friends, etc but I never wear makeup at work.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love to wear makeup, But lately I havnt been wearing it as much.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup unless I leave the house, which isn't often.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    OP phrased this to the men but almost none of them have posted. Oh well... I love my makeup :) I even have "permanent eyeliner"
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I only wear a little bit usually because I am a stay at home mom...but I love wearing a lot more. Smokey eyes, even full red lips. I feel sexy when I wear more. Great for a date night with my sweetie. ;)
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am completely schizophrenic on this. Days I go into work I wear tinted moisturizer, under eye concealer, blush, eye liner, shadow and mascara. Days I work at home or most weekends I wear only sunscreen. If I think of it on the weekend I may add eye liner as I think my eyes are small. What I really hate is when I forget to take it off at night and then it comes off when I sweat the next am during my workout.