Post pregnancy

Options
9 months post pregnancy and still not where I want to be..only been working out and watching what I eat for 4 months now. What else can I do to speed up this process I just want my flat tummy back .1

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My baby is 9 months old too :). I've been working out since he was 5 months and although I'm at my prepregnancy weight, my tummy is not what it used to be. All you can do is to keep doing what your doing with diet and exercise. I'm doing a recomp right now, it's a long process and there are no quick fixes or short cuts. It can be done though.
  • sstout02
    sstout02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awe thanks! Congrats on reach prepregnancy weight I'm about 10 pounds away .just hoping I see a drastic change before she's 1
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I can't speak to flat tums as I've never had, but I'm putting this in here for extra info. Diastasis recti is the separation of the abdominal muscles that sometimes happens in pregnant woman. It can last awhile and might keep you from having the same waist you once did.
    Again, not saying it's in your case, but here's some reliable info to check out and keep in the back of your head if you begin to get frustrated

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001602.htm
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I can't speak to flat tums as I've never had, but I'm putting this in here for extra info. Diastasis recti is the separation of the abdominal muscles that sometimes happens in pregnant woman. It can last awhile and might keep you from having the same waist you once did.
    Again, not saying it's in your case, but here's some reliable info to check out and keep in the back of your head if you begin to get frustrated

This would have been mentioned at the 6 week post partum appointment though for any moms who have this issue
  • sstout02
    Options
    Thank I read about this. Haven't been officially diagnosed but did notice my abs are coming more to a point and been working on exercises to do so
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

This would have been mentioned at the 6 week post partum appointment though for any moms who have this issue

Ah, did not know that!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm 300 months post-pregnancy and just finished losing the baby weight this summer.

(Don't let that happen to you!) :)
  • sstout02
    Options
    Lol I won't
  • chica1986
    chica1986 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Totally know how you feel, trying to get rid of the mummy tummy is very testing!
    I put on 3 stone (42 pounds) while pregnant, my baby is currently 4 months old & so far I've lost half the weight. I had a break from exercise over Christmas but this week I started doing the Tracey Anderson Post Pregnancy DVD to specially target my gut lol Well after 2 sessions my stomach aches like crazy which I'm guessing can only be a good thing... So maybe try it too?
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Check this out:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

I remember reading that @usmcmp is a mom, so it can be done. With a lot of work and a lot of patience.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Check this out:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

I remember reading that @usmcmp is a mom, so it can be done. With a lot of work and a lot of patience.

Correct! I was obese both times I got pregnant, then I gained 50+ pounds with each pregnancy. My youngest was born in 2009 and despite lots of failures for the first couple of years I tried to lose weight I managed to get a flat stomach in 2013.
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    with baby number 1 I tried this and that diet. When I was 9 months exactly post partum I said enough is enough! I rejoined here, lost 21lbs in 3 months and got to pre-preg. I think I just needed the shock that if I didn't do it straight away, I would get pregnant again and have double to lose!!
    This time round, I'm 4 months pp, have lost 9lbs and have another 9 to go!!!! I think you just need to put ur whole heart and mind into it and be determined coz tbh its so easy to trick yourself into thinking that ur really being careful when ur not! (lick the knife off son peanut butter sandwich and pretend it was calorie free!!!!!)
  • sstout02
    Options
    Wow! I know I got 8 more pounds to go! Def mind over matter.