Sagging skin at 19??

Options
It's a shame since since I've never been a healthy weight, but I've been seeing other girls my weight with a flat tummy and no skin hanging. Is their anyway to help this? I've lost 80 pounds the last 10 months and would love to feel good about my self. But I'm happy to come to terms with the body I have since it was my fault I have stretched skin. I guess I would like to hear from other people with the same issue as me.
Thank you!

Replies

• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I believe in time it will decrease somewhat. How is your body composition? Do you lift weights? From what I have read a recomp and (even more so) a bulk can help with this. It may not completely go away-but hopefully you can decrease it!
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Please let me know too, because I have had a gut since I was 10. If I can't fix it (after weight loss will do lifting, possibly), I am going to get surgery to slice it off. This will be after 1 more kid and my fiance gets rich.
  • mizukikuro
    mizukikuro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I do lift sometimes but i don't know anything about it. Just kinda lifting so my arms don't sag but i don't know how to lift so my belly wont sag? Whenever i google it i just find hardcore stuff
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Look up a progressive lifting program such as Strong lifts.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Look up a progressive lifting program such as Strong lifts.

Yup. Eat at maintenance and look up "Stronglifts 5x5" you won't be sorry!

Also check out the recomposition thread in the maintenance section. It is gold
  • dmitriy0851
    dmitriy0851 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also a big part of bringing elasticity to your skin is drinking LOTS of waters it can literally do wonders! Try it out!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Since you're young, much of it may snap back within 2 years of losing the weight.

Strength training is a good idea for everyone - but don't expect it to do much around the abs. The muscles there are thin and don't change their size much.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I bet your skin snaps back. You're so young! It should all snap back. Give it a little time. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    First, you have age on your side. Second, look into lifting as having muscle fill in the area will help the appearance while your skin gets back into position.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Give it time, lift weights to fill the holes in with muscles.

I hear it can take 2-3 years for skin to fully contract