healthy chicken meals

Options
bree3462
bree3462 Posts: 24 Member
Chicken is my all time favorite meat. So looking for super yummy and super healthy dishes to make with chicken in them. :) thanks!!

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    You go to Google and type in healthy chicken recipes and you will get more recipes than you can make in a month. Many sites even have tutorials with the recipes. Many have reviews, with suggestions for modifications.
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call this "super healthy" but if you're ok with good fats (olive oil) this is a family favorite. I use lemon juice rather than lemon slices to negate chances of it being too bitter. The chicken turns out juicy even if you use skinless (I do skinless/boneless because I'm lazy) breasts. I also throw in extra green beans.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/pan-roasted-chicken-lemon-garlic-green-beans
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Chicken stock.
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I usually look at Food Network or Allrecipes.com. Not all of them are healthy, but a lot of them can be adjusted to be made so. I've done that several times, and they've still turned out great.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    how about trying to use you-tube i am sure there are tons of recipes- Here is a website with some good recipes - on you-tube - go to the weight watcher girl site- she is fabulous
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    eatingwell.com is a great resource too.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Sun-dried tomato and garlic chicken:

Take 2 or 3 chicken breasts (depending on how large they are), trim them and cut into "tenders" size pieces. Place in 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Take a jar of julienne sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil and sprinkle/spread on top (I use half a jar). Chop up as many cloves of garlic that you like - I do about 5 or 6 and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle with italian seasonings i.e. basil, oregano. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breasts are. I cut mine fairly thin so it cooks quickly.

I serve with rice (soaks up the sauce) and steamed green beans.
    It's really easy and delicious!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com
  • bree3462
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    Sun-dried tomato and garlic chicken:

Take 2 or 3 chicken breasts (depending on how large they are), trim them and cut into "tenders" size pieces. Place in 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Take a jar of julienne sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil and sprinkle/spread on top (I use half a jar). Chop up as many cloves of garlic that you like - I do about 5 or 6 and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle with italian seasonings i.e. basil, oregano. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breasts are. I cut mine fairly thin so it cooks quickly.

I serve with rice (soaks up the sauce) and steamed green beans.
    It's really easy and delicious!

This sounds super yummy!! Thank you!!
  • bree3462
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) I had chicken mixed with steamed tomatoes out of a can. Since that's all I had for now. But I'll definitely be mixing up my chicken dinners!
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com for the win! So many fantastic recipes! Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken is my fave. Chicken parm, Sante Fe Crockpot chicken, etc. etc. Check it out! :smiley:
  • bree3462
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com for the win! So many fantastic recipes! Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken is my fave. Chicken parm, Sante Fe Crockpot chicken, etc. etc. Check it out! :smiley:

Awesome!! Thank you! :smile:
  • salenaii
    salenaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Low Carb Smothered Jalapeno Popper Chicken
    Ingredients
    6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    salt and pepper to taste
    For the Jalapeno Popper Layer
    1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced (the kind in the jar that you put on nachos)
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan
    For the Topping
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan Cheese
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breast in a 13×9 casserole dish and bake until juices run clear. 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breast. While chicken is baking, mix jalapenos, cream cheese, low fat mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Remove chicken from oven and reduce to 350 degrees. Spread jalapeno popper mixture all over each Chicken breast until well covered.
    For the topping Parmesan cheese Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken. Bake until the tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. ENJOY!!!