Calorie deficit question

Eagles8080
Eagles8080 Posts: 200 Member
how do i find out how much calorie deficit i have going into the weekend so i can plan weekend?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    The app will give you a weekly breakdown
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    And remember, you're going to have individual days when you go over a bit. But if you hit your weekly goals every week, you should hit your weight loss goal.

So go to goals. Put in the information it asks for (age, goal, weight, activity level, how fast you want to lose). It will give you a daily allowance. It's best to hit that every day. But things vary day by day. If you know you'll be over a bit Saturday, just eat a little less today and tomorrow, for example.

Good luck!
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2015
    bashore98 wrote: »
    how do i find out how much calorie deficit i have going into the weekend so i can plan weekend?

The app calculator is way off, If you you're trying to be precise.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

or

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    I suppose you have whatever you say you have. I don't say that to be silly, but consider that a calorie deficit is only a difference between calories in and calories out over a given period of time. When looking at one day or a week, we may have a calorie deficit. But a person who is overweight and looking at a year or more is in a calorie surplus. If it were not for weight fluctuations, we could step on the bathroom scale, look at the weight and say, "How much weight am I willing to gain this weekend?"
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2015
    I believe OP is asking for a quick way to see how many calories above or below his planned weekly deficit he has as of the end of the week, so he knows how many calories he has to work with over the weekend to stay on track for the week.

OP, if you use the app you can go to nutrition and weekly view and see it, or you can use the website and go to reports and choose calories and last 7 days and see it. I think there may be a better way to do this, but this is what I'd do, and then count up how many calories I was over or under my goal since the beginning of this week (not including the prior weekend). Then you'd be able to see what you extras were for the weekend.
  • Eagles8080
    Eagles8080 Posts: 200 Member
    So is it the part that says calories under weekly goal?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Yep. Nutrition / Calories switch to weekly view and "calories under weekly goal" is a running total of your shortfall.

Even at zero you still have a deficit if you're set up for weight loss.