Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not hungry after workout

I'm a rower. During my workout session I burn at least 1000 calories and when I'm done even drinking 300ml of water gets me full for at least 2 hours.
Is that normal? Can someone explain me why my body does that? I mean I just lost 1000 calories and I don't even feel like getting them back - doesn't seem logical to me.

Replies

• klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Exercise is an appetite suppressant for me...I tend to eat less on hard workout days and am hungrier the day after.
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    I don't get hungry after a cardio session. even after a 12 mile run in the AM with nothing to eat before, im not overly hungry straight after. It does tend to kick in about an hour or so after though. like klrenn, I generally find exercise to be an appetite suppressant
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Why do you believe that your body needs them back *right away*?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    When I was younger, working out made me hungry. Now, working out is an appetite suppressant like other posters above. It's never occurred to me to worry about it!
  • Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    When I do my runs of an evening, I have the lowest appetite of the day and am quite happy with a protein shake but the next day - OMG! I could eat everything in my eyeline