Fathers Day gift ideas

Options
AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
For all of you have havn't yet purchased a gift for your dear old dad for fathers day I have a suggestion for you. I have started donating to a chairity for mothers and fathers day in honor of my rents. For example: This fathers day I donated to allforball.org it supports the formation of girls soccer teams in africa to encourage positive lifestyles and creating women leaders.... my dad coached my soccer team all growing up.

You never know donating to a chairity they love may just be the perfect gift :D

Replies

• ktmunchie
    ktmunchie Posts: 35
    Options
    What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Anyone see the Seinfeld episode where George gave cards to his co-workers saying he made donations to the "Human Fund" in their name?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My daughter did that for Christmas one year when her and her husband exchanged gifts with her in-laws. I think she drew a cousin's name and he requested a gift be sent from a certain website. I can't remember what the website was but my daughter bought a goat (I think it was) to be sent to a family in whatever country it was. Something like that means the world to recepient.

Thanks for posting AnneElise. :flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :smile: I paid my Dad's entry fee to a 5k tomorrow night. Proceeds benefit the no-kill shelter in the county & I get an entire night just me & my Dad.