Calories burnt monitor?

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm just hoping for a bit of feedback, opinions and advice on.... I'm not even sure what their proper name is! The monitors you can wear that are supposed to fairly accurately track calories burned.

I've gotten back into rollerblading and the online suggestions vary wildly on how much is burned. I really would just love something to strap on my arm that will tell me at the end of the workout.

I won't ramble on anymore, hopefully you get the idea of what I am looking for, look forward to hearing your responses.

Many thanks,
Jonny

Replies

• Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if any of the evening members might have some advice :)
  • sop1love
    sop1love Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What you really want would be a Heart Rate Monitor. There are some fitness trackers, which will give you a daily estimate on your calorie burn - but if you're looking to see how much you're burning while exercising, aim for an actual Heart Rate monitor with a chest strap. I have a Polar Loop which I use as an activity tracker throughout the day, however, when I train, I add the chest strap to monitor heart rate and calories burned.

It still is important to note that the accuracy can and will vary no matter which device you choose.
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hey sop1love,

Thanks so much, that's great, I'll have a look into some and check out some reviews. I saw that they have a certain degree of inaccuracy but it has to be more accurate than the figures I'm seeing for rollerblading the moment. Thanks so much again :)

Jonny