No Protein in Meatballs!

Options
Kdon15
Kdon15 Posts: 3 Member
Hi all,

according to my myfitness food log, meatballs have 0 protein. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure beef meatballs are packed with protein. Is anyone else finding these glitches? It doesn't inspire confidence in the accuracy of the nutritional info.

Replies

• labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The data base is user made, someone forgot to add it. Meatballs have protein based on how much fat was in the meat. The data bases isn't accurate nor does it have to be 100% the goal is to be as accurate as possible.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MFP users create the majority of the entries in the database, and they're prone to errors. Some may omit the macros they aren't tracking, some may only include the calories, some may make up their own numbers. If it's a prepackaged item, the best thing to do is to compare the info to the nutrition label or add it in with the correct counts. If it's your own meatballs you made, then you should utilize the recipe builder to add the ingredients in there, because the ones in the database may include different ingredients/quantities.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Choose another entry that has the complete nutritional data.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    You may need to find or create another entry. If you want to copy what's in my diary for dinner tonight, you'll see I plan on eating packaged (oh the horror!) meatballs that have 13g protein on the label. Maybe that's close enough for what you need to log?