What is your favorite way to track progress?

Options
jmac4263
jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
Just wondering how those of you who track progress- either weights, inches lost, running, reps of HIIT ect- what is your favorite way? Is there an app you use? Journal? Spread sheet?

I have things scattered all over the place and I would like it to be more organized so I can see the big over all picture..... any suggestions?!

Replies

• Dagoob
    Dagoob Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use my Fitbit and actually like it a lot. I also use 5x5 app for tracking my weight lifting...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Depends on my particular goal at that particular time. Between jefit and MFP most of my bases are covered
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MFP is a pretty good repository to centralize information. I use the withings scale for weight, endomondo for workouts, and they are both integrated, as well as many other trackers. But you can also add custom 'check-in' measurements and record them over time. If your goal is bigger biceps, you can measure them today then some time in the future measure them again and it is all tracked and viewable in the report section. Anything that is important to you and you can generate a number for, you can add as a check-in parameter.
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Flexing in mirror
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    A mix of platform performance and scrawling all over my training cycles.
  • jazlambe
    jazlambe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use an app called Strong to record my weight lifting workouts. It's easy to use and let's you track PR's easily. I also love just the good old fashioned pen and paper method too for recording progress and workouts.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Minus MFP for tracking my nutrition I prefer a journal for tracking my activities http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0968707505?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01