Looking For Friends & Support

Options
Hello everyone - my name is Ryan and I'm an 18 year old sophomore at UMD weighing in at around 185 lbs. I'm currently studying biochemistry and enjoy weightlifting, spending time with friends, and working towards bettering my life - whether it be through hard work at my job, rigorous exercise, or learning new things.

I used to run cross country and track, and spend lots of time working out and running - allowing me to have a pretty high caloric intake yet hardly gaining any weight. Once college started, I had to face the stress of difficult classes, living on my own, and overcoming a new vice of mine - gambling. I actually made a decent amount of money from it but it was pretty stressful to be putting all that money up at stake all the time. Anyways, with all that stress and a lack of exercise, I slowly started to gain weight. Not too much, but I'd say I've gained around 10-15 lbs in the last year and lost a lot of my muscle mass. My main goal is to get back to my ideal weight, around 175 lbs and be able to get similar weightlifting strength to what I had before college started.

Since I recently underwent a minor surgery, I have been out of commission for around a month and will not be able to do any running for around 3-6 months. Therefore, I am taking the responsibility to keep myself healthy even while I am not able to run long distance to maintain my weight like I used to - along with my weight lifting, I will have to learn to manage my calorie intake and eat healthier. I hope to make plenty of friends along the way as well. :)

If you'd like to follow me on my journey and want some extra support from a pretty nice guy (if I do say so myself), feel free to add me!

Replies

• ItsRyanMitchell
    ItsRyanMitchell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No replies yet.. RIP. I guess for now I'll be on this journey by my lonesome :'(
  • aaronkmp
    aaronkmp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I see you can't run, can you hike, bike, swim, or other low impact activities?
  • ItsRyanMitchell
    ItsRyanMitchell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    aaronkmp wrote: »
    Good luck. I see you can't run, can you hike, bike, swim, or other low impact activities?

Thanks, I wish you luck as well! I can't really do any long distance stuff that requires me to move my legs. Still, I am easing back into walking and am using lifting as my primary form of exercise. Once I finish recovering I will be doing pretty much all of those aside from biking, but gotta stay in decent shape until then!