Try PB2

Options
I like to use pb2 which is a powder that is peanut butter flavored and much less fat than regular peanut butter... I add bananas spinach ,chia seed flax seed and almond milk (unsweetened)....delish! When I don't use the pb2, I use blueberries and protein powder along with the other ingredients.

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I use it as a mix in for greek yogurt and cottage cheese.

I've lost my local store where they had it in cheap supply so once I'm done with my last jar, I'm moving on to peanut butter protein powder. And then maybe the Jif version of powdered peanut butter. :)
  • sheafferlynn
    sheafferlynn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can get the pb2 on Amazon if you use that
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Fat is not bad. We need fat. Fat is important to many metabolic processes.
  • sheafferlynn
    sheafferlynn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It has fat... it's just a reduced amount of fat:)
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone is saying fat is bad. It is calorie dense and if you have a cap on calories for a day, there might be times when you want to spend them elsewhere.
  • camlbella
    camlbella Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tried PB2 and just couldn't get into it. I think my problem is that I spread it on toast expecting it to be as satisfying as normal peanut butter toast. Does it taste better mixed into things like yogurt?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I just bought some but haven't tried it yet. I like to mix pb in milk to eat with cereal but find it hard to mix the regular stuff in and thought a powder might work better. Not sure what I'll do with it if it also doesn't mix well. Maybe mix it into pancake batter.
  • glassyo
    Options
    You can get the pb2 on Amazon if you use that

I don't think amazon can even beat $4 a jar.

And yup, fat is good. Pb2 is good if you just want the flavor for less calories.

• edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    camlbella wrote: »
    I tried PB2 and just couldn't get into it. I think my problem is that I spread it on toast expecting it to be as satisfying as normal peanut butter toast. Does it taste better mixed into things like yogurt?
    I'm guessing here because I just ordered it from amazon for the first time, but I think you should mix it with water to get a better consistency.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Eating something reduced fat is not the same as saying fat is bad.
  • glassyo
    Options
    edwardetr wrote: »
    I'm guessing here because I just ordered it from amazon for the first time, but I think you should mix it with water to get a better consistency.

I've tried it with water a few times and it's just not the same but you might have to get the ratio of water to pb2 juuuuuuuust right for that. I love it mixed into the yogurt or cottage cheese tho. And people use it in smoothies as well.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Eating something reduced fat is not the same as saying fat is bad.

I understand that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    edwardetr wrote: »

When I mix it with water, I use it like a dip. Great on apple slices. I've not tried it on toast or crackers (to me water plus something crispy don't mix).

Mixing it (dry) with jelly, honey, Greek yogurt, or in oatmeal is tastey. I like waffles with maple syrup and PB2.

• withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do it for the reduced calories- not reduced fat. I just bought like 4 jars since they were having such a great sale at my store
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I do it for the reduced calories as well. Out of all the foods to practice moderation with, I can't do peanut butter. It messes up my goals if it's in the house. And I really love PB2 and now I can eat it every day. Actually I like the brand "Just Great Stuff" better than PB2, is a lot tastier.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. When I was nursing my baby my doctor told me that she wanted me to eat peanut butter everyday (Apparently if you eat peanutbutter while nursing the chances of your child being allergic to peanuts in reduced) and I took full advantage of a doctor telling me to eat it everyday. I was so sad to see how much 2 tablespoons actually was when I started my deficit. Then I found out about PB2 and it REALLY helped my peanutbutter craving.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've got half an empty jar of PB2 in my pantry at the moment. I should throw it out, but I'm worried I'll find a recipe I want to use it in as soon as I do. :p
    I really love mixing Hershey's cocoa powder into my cottage cheese. Their special dark chocolate also has 10% iron per 5gr serving if you're deficient.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'm not judging or trying to influence anyone else's choices, but on principal I try to buy stuff that's as close as is practical to the way it came out of the ground or the carcass. There are exceptions, but I don't feel the need to make powdered peanut butter one of them.
  • jonicalifornia
    jonicalifornia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I could live without peanut butter, so for me when I feel like having a low calorie snack, I use the PB2 with celery, or apples. I am trying to do variety, so I don't get bored with my journey to lose weight.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    OldHobo wrote: »
    I'm not judging or trying to influence anyone else's choices, but on principal I try to buy stuff that's as close as is practical to the way it came out of the ground or the carcass. There are exceptions, but I don't feel the need to make powdered peanut butter one of them.

Powdered peanut butter is really pretty simple. Basically they are pressing the peanut oil out (olive oil is pressed from olives). Then they do add some salt and sugar.