Question: Macronutrients

Question: Any suggestions on where to set my macronutrients? My current goal is to lose fat while building lean muscle mass. Currently I'm set at 30% carb, 35% good fats, 35% proteins. In about a month I plan to start lifting a lot more weight but for now I'm just trying to lean out a little before I focus on building muscle. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    I don't use percentages but I'll give you my input;
    • 250/500 calorie surplus
    • 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of body mass
    • 0.4-0.45g of fat per lb of body mass
    • fill rest of calories with carbs

Btw, muscle is muscle. Nothing else to it, no lean muscle mass or fatty muscle mass; just muscle.

• TracyShing
    TracyShing Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thank you IsaackGMOON. I'll do some calculations and see how it pans out. And yes, muscle is muscle and fat is fat. My goal is to burn off some fat THEN focus on building muscle (I want to be in the best shape in my life when I hit 41 this year). I've been out of the game for 4 months due to a badly ruptured peroneal tendon. Im taking a month to ease back in, get back to eating right, and hopefully slimming down a bit (I gained almost 10lbs and got pretty flabby while healing up). The weights will just have to wait, but I'm chomping at the bit as my leg is feeling great so far and I'm looking forward to curving up in a good way.