What the plank?

Options
madkcole
madkcole Posts: 110 Member
Earlier tonight I attended my first Body plus Abs workout class at LA Fitness. The instructor did variations on planks that I wouldn't have believed had I not seen it with my own eyes. I resorted to modifying my planks by getting on my knees and elbows. As I "Forest Gumped" my way through my puny little planks, I watched in amazement at how she twisted her rubber band like body while extending her right leg, then her left leg underneath her fully planked torso and extended it out the other side. It was inspiring and frightening at the same time. About half way through, I caught of glimpse of myself in the mirror and that image was just plain frightening. :s There I was, red-faced, clenching my teeth while trying to hang on for 15 or even 10 seconds as she effortlessly extended each leg. Oh, she offered up the occasional grunt and "whoa," probably to make the rest of us slugs on the back row feel like she was struggling too, but we weren't fooled. Afterall, she was able to talk and shout out upcoming moves while performing this inhuman plank. :) We could barely breathe!

No self-pity here. :p I know that while she was working on her amazingly toned body, I was at home, channel surfing. I'm in awe of this lady. Anyone who can contort her body, keep count and shout out commands without breaking a sweat deserves my respect. I look forward to the day when I do a real, non-modified plank. :)

Any other stories of inhuman gym instructors out there?

Madelyn

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Google the pics of:

How I think i look doing a plank.

How I really look..

Yes I've seen some super human gym instructor's. But it took years of practice and training to get there.