Insnaity Month 2: Am I under consuming??

Options
Hi All,

I am in my 2nd week of Insanity month 2 and I have realised I am at a standstill as far as my body transformation goes.

My arms and shoulder show definition but aren't growing.

Similarly my belly fat wasn't going down but however I have noticed that there has been a change in that in last week.

Is this because I might be not consuming enough calories. My Calorie intake is close to 2100 calories every day.

Also would this be a sign of low protein intake?
I don't take a protein shake. Instead I drink an Indian beverage Amul Pro with Milk twice a day. Also my protein intake comes from Soya or Chicken or Eggs.

please help.

Thanks.

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Insanity is designed as a fat burning exercise. You aren't going to get a lot of muscle growth (and most of what you do get will be in month 1). If you are looking to increase muscle mass, you need to eat at a healthy surplus and lift heavy things. This is the reason that body builders go in phases between bulking and cutting cycles. I would recommend finishing out the next two weeks of Insanity as cutting, then switch to a heavy lifting routine with a surplus for muscle growth.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. Insanity is not a muscle growing program. It is meant for fat burning. If you want to build muscle, get thee to a gym and lift some heavy weights whilst eating a calorie surplus (and I bet 2100 is NOT a surplus for you, since I am 5'5" female and 2100 is less than my TDEE...meaning that's still a fat burning deficit for me!)