Leslie Sansone's Walk it off Videos

Options
Hi has anyone Walked to Leslie Sansone's videos and lost alot of weight I have just started my Diet yesterday again!! lol and I am doing this 5 days a week and then Zumba in between And i was just wondering has anyone lost weight and how many calories do you burn to her videos Thanks

Replies

• tishbite39
    tishbite39 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can figure she is walking at a 3.5-4 mph pace. In cardio you can enter speed and time and it should give you a good estimate of calories burned. I like her videos. She has more on YouTube. :)
  • cathyb0822
    cathyb0822 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use Leslie Sansone dvd's all the time to augment my 2 - 3 trips to the gym each week. Her dvd's actually got me started with exercise. My starting weight was 250 and I now weigh 177. So, YES, they work. I agree with tishbite39 in that her pace sets you up to be walking about 3.5 to 4 mph, which is how I log the exercise in MFP. I also have a fitbit and set the stop watch at the beginning of the walk and stop it after the cool down so that it logs accurately on the fibit dashboard (I have the chargeHR which monitors heart rate AND steps although with some of her moves steps are quite as accurate). I LOVE her dvd's and don't think I would be nearly as fit as I am today without those to get me started. Great choice on your part. Cathy B.
  • michelleselmon
    michelleselmon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    tishbite39
    Thank you so much :) I was wondering how much i was burning i looked on youtube and she has like 2 i think a 1 mile and a 3 mile I started the 3 mile yesterday i was tired after 10 mins Lol
  • michelleselmon
    Options
    cathyb0822
    Thank you so much :) I weigh 225 and that Inspires and Motivates me to want to do these videos even more now i think i am going to do them 4-5 days a week with Zumba and i'm hoping i lose doing those 2 things and eating 1600 calories i hope anyways :)
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    She is a very good starting place.
  • michelleselmon
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sudmom
    I hope i can lose a pound or 2 a week doing her videos 4-5 days a week with zumba and eating 1600 calories :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the Leslie group here. She's such a great motivator.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home

They start new walk challenge every month
  • michelleselmon
    Options
    Thank you so much :)
    Teabea
  • aurora184
    aurora184 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I never heard of Leslie Sansone... but I checked it out yesterday (thanks to reading it on MFP) and I think I like it. Thanks for the link to the Leslie group. I might start with it. Too scared for the real gym right now lol.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I use them from time yo time when I can't get outside for a walk. Just make sure you are logging YOUR pace, not Leslie's. I couldn't match her pace to begin with.
  • michelleselmon
    Options
    lorrpb how do i figure out my pace? And i know i am not matching her pace :) lol
    I am too slow and fat lol and thanks
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love her videos!.. stick with it and you'll find it easy to keep up with her in no time. When i find myself getting too comfortable with the routine i do others like Biggest Loser. They have some really good workouts. I love youtube. Good luck:)
  • michelleselmon
    Options
    Contrary03 wrote: »
    I love her videos!.. stick with it and you'll find it easy to keep up with her in no time. When i find myself getting too comfortable with the routine i do others like Biggest Loser. They have some really good workouts. I love youtube. Good luck:)

thank you :)
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I should also add, the ones with weights in the routine give you the best burn. Here's another good one- Power Interval Walk with Dumbbells for Beginner Weight Loss
    by jessicasmithtv.
  • michelleselmon
    Options
    Contrary03 wrote: »
    I should also add, the ones with weights in the routine give you the best burn. Here's another good one- Power Interval Walk with Dumbbells for Beginner Weight Loss
    by jessicasmithtv.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    lorrpb how do i figure out my pace? And i know i am not matching her pace :) lol
    I am too slow and fat lol and thanks

There's no exact way to do this. I would judge if it seemed like I was one step for 2 of hers the pace would be about 1.5 mph.. If just a little bit behind her maybe 2 mph. Keep working at it and you will soon catch up. The important thing is ur moving and trying!!