• mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    Nutrition for Dummies
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    emmatui wrote: »
    I just finished Slaughterhouse Five - a book for my book club. Found it a really interesting take on WWII, being lighthearted but also not skipping out on the big issues.
    This book was crazy awesome. Love Kurt Vonnegut.
  • CancerSurvivor2014
    Options
    Pronto
    By Elmore Leonard
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Robin and the King, The Tao of Pooh, and numerous comic book volumes.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I have 50 Shades on my nightstand, but I can't read it because it's poorly written. I've been reading it for like two years lol. The other book is The Omnivores Dilemma, a non fiction about food choices.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I have 50 Shades on my nightstand, but I can't read it because it's poorly written. I've been reading it for like two years lol. The other book is The Omnivores Dilemma, a non fiction about food choices.

Fifty Shades is probably one of the worst representations of the BDSM lifestyle / fetish out there today. You'd do better using it for firewood.
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. It's brutal, and at points quite disturbing, but exquisitely written. His sentence structure and poetic use of language blow me out of the water. He won the Pulitzer for The Road, but Blood Meridian makes The Road look like a children's book. He should have won the Pulitzer for this one.
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    Options
    Chat posts on MFP.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Lyonesse, by Jack Vance, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. Which is kind of weird, as I've loved everything else I've read by him.
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Finders Keepers by Stephen King
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    MFP
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I, too, am reading Go Set A Watchman. It's okay so far. Everyone on here who is reading/has read it should definitely engage each other in friendly discussion here, maybe in a whole thread of its own. The same can be said for To Kill a Mockingbird.
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The martian ~ Andy Weir

Great book! Looking forward to the movie!!