Mummy tummy

sozy82
sozy82 Posts: 29 Member
Hey, I was looking for some tips on getting rid of my mummy tummy. I'm going to the gym about 3 times a week but also walking and doing steps on the days I'm not at the gym. Thanks in advance

Replies

• lindsay0515
    lindsay0515 Posts: 41 Member
    I highly recommend Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I did the program last year and it got rid of it (along with a calorie cut on MFP of course!) See my results here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1238702/jm-body-revolution-success-no-more-baby-belly#latest
  • sozy82
    sozy82 Posts: 29 Member
    Wow that's fab! Well done. I will look it up and give it a go. Thank you x
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Lose the weight. There is no exercise in the world that will make your tummy look better with 45 lbs to lose. Focus on diet changes for weight loss, exercise for overall health and not losing muscle as you get thinner.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Lose the weight. There is no exercise in the world that will make your tummy look better with 45 lbs to lose. Focus on diet changes for weight loss, exercise for overall health and not losing muscle as you get thinner.

Yep, losing the weight is the biggest factor. Realistically, you may be very close to your final/goal weight before you really lose the fat/sag in that area.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    sozy82 wrote: »
    Hey, I was looking for some tips on getting rid of my mummy tummy. I'm going to the gym about 3 times a week but also walking and doing steps on the days I'm not at the gym. Thanks in advance
    It takes time, and my wife went through this over 4 birth cycles with great results after about 4 months post birth.
    She ate clean and exercised through her pregnancy and went right back to work after delivery.
    Things begin to shape up after 8 weeks and perfect into week 17.
    It's actually very simple but very hard.