Old Weight Watchers method question (pre Nov. 2010 version of weight watchers)

Options
Okay so I am allowed 18 points a day with 35 weekly points. It has been like 5 years since I did this program and I cannot for the life of me remember if I am supposed to eat all my daily points and the points i gain back from exercising or use up all of my weekly points.

for example:

I have eaten all 18 daily points but i have earned back 3 point for exercising. Do i have to eat these three points or not?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    ashowers36 wrote: »
    Okay so I am allowed 18 points a day with 35 weekly points. It has been like 5 years since I did this program and I cannot for the life of me remember if I am supposed to eat all my daily points and the points i gain back from exercising or use up all of my weekly points.

for example:

I have eaten all 18 daily points but i have earned back 3 point for exercising. Do i have to eat these three points or not?

Sounds confusing! If you're on MFP, wouldn't counting calories be easier? Not judging, just a question,
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    That sounds needlessly complicated, are you following the weightwatchers method for a particular reason or would you consider switching to calorie counting?
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    As I recall, but I am not 100% certain, you didn't have to eat exercise points or weekly points if you didn't want to but there was a limit to how many exercise points you could count in a week, 10 seems to be the number I remember but like I said, not certain.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    That is about 2 plans ago. Do MFP. I lost my weight with WW back in 2011, but i maintain on MFP.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You must eat a minimum of 18 points. You don't have to eat exercise or weekly flex points, but you can if you're hungry.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If you really want to follow Weight Watchers why not follow the current plan?

Or just track here... so much more accurate than WW points.

I am having way more success counting calories than I ever did on WW.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ashowers36 wrote: »

for example:

Maybe the answer is in the Weight Watchers group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/718-weight-watchers-points-plus
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I did WW for awhile. Nice app, but MFP is better. You can track your macros and the database of food is so much better on MFP.

Eating exercise points is much like eating burned calories back on MFP. You will have to eat them and see what your results are. Give it 3 weeks then adjust if needed. I found when on WW that I could not eat back my exercise points.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    You don't *have* to but, in my opinion, you should eat every last point you earn until it stops working.