How many calories to maintain after a 1200 calorie diet??? 4 ft. 10. girl

Options
2»

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Like some of the posters have mentioned above, to find your maintenance you need to keep increasing your net by 100 cals a week until you stop losing weight.
  • lisaxxa
    lisaxxa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you were losing weight, you need fewer calories to maintain (than those who never lose weight on a low cal diet). Like say if you were losing weight on a 1200 diet, then 1600 may be your maintaining calories. (But if you were gaining weight on a high calories diet then you may need higher calories to maintain. I'm 5'2" gaining from 85lbs to 107 lbs on a 3000 calories diet. Now maintaining on 2000. Now If I eat less than 2000 I'll lose weight. But my sister who's never have ED or weight loss/gain. She's always been maintain on 1800ish. I remember years ago I lost weight on a 1200 diet, and found that any diet more than 1500a day would made me gain weight, sadly, so I kept restricting and that's how I became Ana). Since you were losing weight. So you might need slightly fewer calories. I will say maybe 1600-1700. But listen to your body. Your body will adjust too! Once you upper your intake for a period of time, your body will probably need more to maintain since your metabolism will become faster when you feed yourself more. Maintaining weight is important but hard.