Does this sound right to you?

Options
yesterday went fishing for about 2 hours. came home, thought i would add it on here for my activity. It had it as over 800 calories burned! anyone know how accurate this might be? i was skeptical so i only put in for an hour, which was around 400 calories and even that seems high to me. i know people on here say my fitness pal over esitmates calories burned, but would it be that much off?

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    800 calories burned in 2 hours fishing? I can't imagine that is correct. Were you swimming after the fish to catch them by hand?
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It can't b true! I do 30 mins interval training and it adds up to 180 calories! If it's accurate, I'm taking up fishing
  • cassidyamymommy
    cassidyamymommy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    800 calories burned in 2 hours fishing? I can't imagine that is correct. Were you swimming after the fish to catch them by hand?

lol nope. standing catching them off the edge of the river bank lol.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    To burn that many calories you would have to be chasing the fish down. No way it is anywhere near that amount, not even 400.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Mayyyybe deep sea sport fishing could give you that kind of burn if you're fighting non-stop to pull in a giant tarpin or sailfish or tuna...or Moby Dick.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    too many cals for standing at the riverbank fishing....cut that figure by 50% at least IMO.
  • cassidyamymommy
    Options
    apparently from other sites i looked at questioning the amout of calories burned in one hour for fishing, standing at a riverbank, they all come up to around the same, which is around 350 cals...so i guess maybe its not that far off after all? all the other sites i looked at made me also put in my height and weight aswell.
  • cassidyamymommy
    Options
    i suppose at 278 pounds, anything you do besides sitting on your *kitten* burns more calories then a smaller person