Needing Help

Options
So I'm on day 46 of p90x classic. (halfway through week 7). I do my diet hard core 5 days per week. I break from my diet from Friday dinner and my last non-diet meal is sunday lunch (never eat breakfast on sundays). I've been busting my *kitten* on p90x classic. I'm getting better at the workouts and have mastered some. But I just took all my measurements and body fat tests and have shown no improvement anywhere. Not on one measurement. My pics don't look much better at all. I honestly think that nutrition plan has me eating too much...3,000 calories per day (which i never reach). Do I need to cut back on my caloric intake? Maybe go back to phase 1 of the diet plan? I hope to hear some good suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Wow . . . 3000 calories per day????? That is a lot . . . well wait a minute . . . are you a football player??? . . . maybe about 6'8" or so???
    Even with some considerable exercise you would have to be training for a marathon, or something, to warrant that many calories per day . . . or be one heck of a huge guy I would think.

If none of the above apply to you I would play with those calories as that does sound pretty high.
  • bobathy1
    bobathy1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would say that the 3000 calorie mark is for maintenance if you're trying to keep your weight. if you're still trying to drop I'd lower it to 2500 or so and try that. also, are you adding in the cardio for p90x, or just doing the program straight through? the cardio would help you to drop off some of that weight.
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm just doing the program straight through. Should I go ahead and finish it straight through since I'm about to enter phase 3?...or should I start over and do lean or doubles?...Also, you two gave me a good idea. I went back to the p90x nutrition guide and instead of entering my current weight into the formula to determine, I entered the weight that I WANT to be at. I'm currently 221 and want to get to 200 as a start...eventually 190. Redoing that formula took 600 calories per day off of my diet. I'm definitely doing that. But let me know if I need to start over and do lean or just finish out phase 2 and 3 then start over with lean.
  • p90xokc
    Options
    Wow . . . 3000 calories per day????? That is a lot . . . well wait a minute . . . are you a football player??? . . . maybe about 6'8" or so???
    Even with some considerable exercise you would have to be training for a marathon, or something, to warrant that many calories per day . . . or be one heck of a huge guy I would think.

If none of the above apply to you I would play with those calories as that does sound pretty high.

lol...no I'm not a football player. I'm 5'11, 221 lbs. 30 years old. I went by the formula in the p90x nutrition guide...obviously I need to tweak it a bit.
  • rmaisto
    rmaisto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I understand how confusing that can be--I did P90 before and am doing P90X now. Their reccomendations for calories (and even some food) seem way off the mark from other nutrition experts. My advice is use them for the workouts, but find a plan that works for you for the nutrition piece. The math for calories can be confusing for some. I heard it put really simply once and it seems to ring true for me. Take your goal weight and add a 0 at the end. I want to weigh 120, I eat 1200 calories a day (when i'm being good).

I kept wondering why I weighed 150 for so long and it was because I ate 1500 calories every day : )

Sounds like based on your goals 1900 is more fitting, but again, find something that works for you.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would say that 3000 calories a day is what is stalling you. Adjust your calories and finish the program.
  • p90xokc
    Options
    Very good suggestions...last question. I adjusted my calorie goal on this site to 2,000. However I burn approximately 400 calories per day when I do my workouts. When I log it in, the site makes the adjustments and adds 400 calories to my diet that day. Should I ignore the additional 400 calories?
  • bobathy1
    bobathy1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    it varies from person to person, but I would suggest eating your exercise calories. The calories that you set as a goal are the calories that you need to net in order to meet a weight goal. If you are burning calories, you are changing the calories that you need to hit that goal. As with everything, you can always try it and see which way you have better results.