Advice needed from pro trainers

Options
could someone's it's the knowledge give me a ruff idea of cals burnt from my strength training, my dairy is open. I know it's not much but a there abouts idea would be lovely! Thank you guys

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Lol.

You can't accurately obtain a calorie burn from strength training... there are too many variables which can affect it.

Don't bother.
  • dc1arkson
    dc1arkson Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    As I said I didn't want an accurate measure I wanted a ruff round down from the information that I have available. But thanks for replying
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Look it up under cardio in your exercise log
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Just count an hour of lifting as 250 calories or if your trying to lose weight consider every seven days a 1/2 lb of weight loss and don't eat them back.. my 2 cents
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    Just count an hour of lifting as 250 calories or if your trying to lose weight consider every seven days a 1/2 lb of weight loss and don't eat them back.. my 2 cents

That makes sense
  • dc1arkson
    Options

I don't get any estimate calories burnt on strength training on MFP, didn't think anyone did?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    It's under cardio.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dc1arkson wrote: »

I don't get any estimate calories burnt on strength training on MFP, didn't think anyone did?

Look it up under cardio....
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Lift the cardio tab on your computer. . . .under there. . . . .keep looking
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    could someone's it's the knowledge give me a ruff idea of cals burnt from my strength training, my dairy is open. I know it's not much but a there abouts idea would be lovely! Thank you guys
    I found my own burn rate through trial and error, so for an hour of strength training, I logged in 450 calories.
    That worked for me, and my results validated this.
    Also, my metabolism is very high, so you must find your own zone based on just experimenting with daily weigh ins and food logs with calorie counts.
    Good Luck!

• dc1arkson
    Options
    e49intjwxr67.jpg
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Lift the cardio tab on your computer. . . .under there. . . . .keep looking

Look it up under cardio....
    kami3006 wrote: »
    It's under cardio.

Not sure if this is correct but like I said I have it all entered but MFP won't give me estimated cals burnt as you can see
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    I found my own burn rate through trial and error, so for an hour of strength training, I logged in 450 calories.
    That worked for me, and my results validated this.
    Also, my metabolism is very high, so you must find your own zone based on just experimenting with daily weigh ins and food logs with calorie counts.
    Good Luck!

Thank you!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    To have it add calories, you need to go under the cardiovascular section and search for "strengh training", then add in your time and calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Um. Just read the thread...one more time. Or just read one person's response on how to add it with calories.
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Um. Just read the thread...one more time. Or just read one person's response on how to add it with calories.

Lol sarcastic much! Thank you though for persisting to help my slow brain, I guess we all can struggle even if it's just with the app huh.
    But good luck with your journey mate