feeling fed up

Options
Hi ,
Ive lost 4 stone 7 pounds but my weight loss has slowed down. I feel like its affecting my life I only loose about a pound a week now if that with my odd weight gains when I have a day off for example last weekend for my birthday. I burn around 6000 calories a week if not more Im generally healthy Im just feeling totally fustrated that I am never going to achive my goal of 2 and a half more stone. Does any body else have this problem ?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    The smaller you get the slower it goes, so 1 pound a week is great!!
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to adjust your perspective. You're losing 1lb a week, that's fantastic!
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on losing over 60 lbs so far! Losing a pound a week with 2.5 stone (35 lbs?) is actually fantastic progress! I can understand your frustration though. In the beginning we get used to seeing the scale start to drop quickly. Over time it can slow down. The last few pounds are going to be difficult. I see boards here all the time talking about "the last 20 pounds" and how frustratingly slow it can be.

And of course "days off" will affect what you see on the scale the next day. High carbs and high sodium can cause water retention. Weight fluctuations happen.

Don't give up. Once again, one pound a week is fantastic progress. You may find that this slows down to half a pound a week soon. Focus on losing at a healthy rate instead of a super fast one.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I wish. I remember when I could lose a pound a week, but then I got mentally frustrated and decided a smaller deficit/slower loss was better than bringing back my depression.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    At a pound a week, you would be at goal in 35 weeks. That would be, roughly, February. (I think; I am bad at Maths). It is likely to slow down more, though, so that puts the finish line farther away. I have also dropped to about 1lb a week and have felt cheesed off about it, but have given myself a stern talking to about perspective, it not being a race, going in the right direction etc. Surely any effect on your life will be positive, in that you have already dropped so much and must be experiencing all the health gains that brings. Keep doing what you are doing and accept that it is a long haul.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I wish. I remember when I could lose a pound a week, but then I got mentally frustrated and decided a smaller deficit/slower loss was better than bringing back my depression.

I love this!
  • louisatinney3
    louisatinney3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the atkins diet
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You do have to readjust your daily calories as you shed, I think it's every 10 lbs? Not sure how often, just that the less you weigh, the less calories you actually need so if you don't adjust, your progress will stall.

But in the end, as long as you are losing, that's the important part!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Stop looking for another 'diet' to try to speed things up. Accept that as you lose more weight, and get closer to your goal weight, it's healthy and normal to lose weight at a slower rate. Do things the right way, maintain your calorie deficit and you'll get there. You need to reduce your calorie deficit and slow your weight loss anyway, as you get closer to goal, so you need to get your mind in the right place now anyway.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Don't try and fix what isn't broken with a diet gimmick. You're losing at a great rate. Just keep up what you're doing.