Chronic Pain=No exercise=Weight loss weekly goal change?

Options
I am struggling with some chronic pain issues and not able to do any exercise except a bit of very mild walking. To say I'm feeling disappointed is an understatement.

I have had my weight loss goal at 1 lb per week. 5'2, 178lbs now, 1350 calories. If I exercise during the day, I eat less. If not, I am like famished. I know it's not really about the food and that I'm working on, but some exercise was helping.

I'm struggling with this incessant want to eat now. And overall, I'm having more anxiety about not meeting my goals each day. I was relying on my exercise to allow my want to eat more...

Should I reduce it to .5 per week (about 150-200 calories more) or even maintenance and then try to be less than that amount? I'm not sure what I should do. Any ideas?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should reduce to .5 per week because it will give you more calories. Try eating more protein at every meal,too, this will make you feel fuller. Chronic pain is a bummer, I'm sorry.
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I too have chronic pain issues. It's so hard to exercise. I think going down to. 5 sounds wise... My new mantra is that it isn't a race... I will get there... Drink plenty of water. I found these new flavor drops today by Dasani that have no sweetners at all, just some mild flavor... It helps with that feeling of Hungry that really isn't.... Protein helps..... Hang in there.