How should I adjust my Calorie Intake when doing Strength Training

Options
PoleFit96
PoleFit96 Posts: 22 Member
edited August 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
After entering my info on MFP and scoobysworkshop, it says I should consume about 1330-1500 calories per day. To get these results I entered that I have a sedentary lifestyle (its summer vacation i dont really do much) but I do go to the gym about 6 times per week.

I do the occasional spinning or pole dance class (which I am able to log and adjust my calorie intake accordingly), but most of the time I am doing strength training and I just don't know how to really adjust my calorie intake... SHould I just leave it and still consume within the range of 1330-1500?

I just dont want to damage or slow my metabolism by not getting enough nutrients.... :pensive:

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Log weight training under cardio.
  • PoleFit96
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

But isn't everyone's strength training program a bit different? It sort of confuses me.. sorry Im a total newbie at strength training and logging stuff
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    PoleFit96 wrote: »

But isn't everyone's strength training program a bit different? It sort of confuses me.. sorry Im a total newbie at strength training and logging stuff

None of the burns are really accurate anyway, thus most only eat a portion of the calories back. If you're using TDEE-20 (Scooby way), you just have set calories and aren't logging exercise. If you're using MFP way, you have the base and are adding exercise calories (this is what I thought you were asking).
  • PoleFit96
    Options
    PoleFit96 wrote: »

None of the burns are really accurate anyway, thus most only eat a portion of the calories back. If you're using TDEE-20 (Scooby way), you just have set calories and aren't logging exercise. If you're using MFP way, you have the base and are adding exercise calories (this is what I thought you were asking).

Oh yeah that's pretty much what I was wondering, I just wanted to see if theres any way to approximate just to ensure im not depriving my body of anything ! But okay yeh Ill just log it as cardio and see how I feel then adjust accordingly. Thanks !!!!