Healthier by Christmas aka fit by New Years not starting after!

Options
There are 21 weeks until Christmas. 22 till New Years. I do not want to get to New Years AGAIN vowing to get healthy "THIS" year:).

I could have titled this post " Not bringing my muffin top on vacation " because I've got the added goal of wanting to be ready for a beach trip in December.

If anyone wants to support and encourage each other in the next 21 weeks until Christmas-- join in and I'm sure we'll have some laughs and hopefully give each other help along the way!

How good would it feel to be healthier and thinner on NY Day not vowing to get back on the wagon!

I'm ready if you are :)

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but this made me so excited! I KNOW I'll be at my goal weight/size by Christmas and that makes me giddy!
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ooh this gets me excited for the same reason. I should be starting maintaining around this time.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but this made me so excited! I KNOW I'll be at my goal weight/size by Christmas and that makes me giddy!

Same! This got me thinking about Christmas and New Years parties that would be the perfect excuse for dress shopping. :)
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great idea and so motivating
  • novo24
    novo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree ladies! I would love to be 18 lbs down by then and eating much cleaner ( sugar is my kryptonite!) But I'm trying to remember that perfection is not an attainable goal ever.... so trying to work my plan one day at a time! But if you don't have a goal you can't hit it right?

So there we go- line in the sand for myself. Gauntlet thrown down
  • novo24
    novo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Was supposed to be a laugh emoji at the end :). One step at a time and we'll get there!
  • jmoc19
    jmoc19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nice idea. I too do not want to start next year setting resolutions to get healthy but staying healthy. :)
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My goal is 35 by Christmas! Feel free to add me
  • cashewsareyum
    cashewsareyum Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I won't reach my ultimate goal by Christmas but since this is the Southern Hemisphere, it will be beach season and 20 weeks is time enough to reach smaller goals.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My goal is to reach my first target weight by Christmas too, I normally spend New Years feeling fat from overindulgence and swearing to lose weight in January. This time I want to turn it on it's head and already have lost the weight by new year, so my next new years resolution can be something much more fun :)
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This has gotten me excited too. I was thinking if we buckle down now. When December comes we won't be saying if we started in July we would be half or already there. I will reach my half way point in December and in Jan I will only have half to go and in the summer I will maintaining and in Daisy Dukes shorts. Add me in. I need all the support to stay on course.
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have a work trip in late December to a beach so this is perfect timing!!!

I love the thought of not waiting until New Year's.
  • sfi2377
    sfi2377 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is 30lbs by NYE - I am in!

Just re-started MFP few days ago and I am down 5lbs (prob just water weight). I really want to get down 30 more by end of the year.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I always take my vacation in mid-December. My goal to stop and re-evaluate is roughly 20lbs away, so there's no good reason why the two shouldn't go hand in hand. :)
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just restarted MFP last Tuesday. Would love to be in on this challenge. I have a lot to go, but 35 by Christmas would be much nicer to enjoy the holidays. No more losing weight resolutions!
  • goosiegoose
    goosiegoose Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love your balanced but determined attitude! I'm hoping to hit my goal weight by New Year's too, and would love to join in!
  • beckysbeauties
    beckysbeauties Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am SO in in this one!! I am planning a vacation at the end of January for my 10 year anniversary and my goal is to rock a bikini!!
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I have roughly 10 lbs to go til goal (lost 31), and at .5 lbs a week, I should be there around Christmas/New Year's. Even if I'm not at the perfect goal number, I'll be much more improved than where I started this year!
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    In - a pound a week between now and Christmas gets me to goal.