Apple Watch???

Options
Hello, everyone! I just got an Apple watch yesterday, and I was wondering if anyone else had one. I must say I am a bit disappointed with the unfriendliness of Apple and Google. My issue is that I love fitbit and mfp together. I am not totally ready to ditch my fitbit for the Apple watch. My Fitbit One is easy to wear ALL the time. I may not wear the Apple watch all the time. The Apple watch has a Health app that does link up with mfp, but not with Fitbit :-( Life is getting complicated! After linking and unlinking, I think I have decided to leave fitbit and mfp together, and let the Apple watch and the health app do their own thing, It will be interesting to see the difference in the info that I get. Anyone else have the watch? What do you all think?

Replies

• deb1776
    deb1776 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had an Apple watch for 1 month and I love it! I had a Nike Furelband for the past few years and it just died on me. ( I really liked that, too.) The best part about the Apple watch for me is the heart rate monitor. I figured out my training zones and use the monitor to make sure that I am working hard enough. I also like their work out app. You can choose your workout whether it be indoor cycle, outdoor cycle, indoor run, outdoor run, and other. It helps you to meet your exercise goal, calorie goal and stand goal. I have to say that the watch motivates me even more than the Furelband. (I didn't think that would be possible.) The steps you take with the apple watch show up in My Fitness Pal and I get exercise calories for them. I also add in my exercise calories if it shows that I have earned a lot on my Apple watch.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    I love my iWatch! It auto synchs perfectly....it's very accurate so far...I don't sleep with it on...but I find it super easy to use throughout the day. I really love it. I cannot compare it to fit bit though. I had a Basis Peak before---it didn't synch with MFP which I found frustrating. I had to manually add my workouts in.