Low carb & low calorie diet, anyone else? Need meal ideas!

Options
dreamof_perfection
dreamof_perfection Posts: 26 Member
edited August 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Im trying to have my carbs be under 15% of my daily calories, and actually it's not that hard. I eat the majority of my carbs at breakfast (in the form of a kale/blueberry/Greek yogurt smoothie) so I have extra energy through the day. I get over 120g of protein a day usually, so I feel full until I go to bed.

My issue is that I have kind of hit a wall as far as meals go. I've basically been eating the same things everyday and it's already quite boring.
Anyone who eats low carb as well as low calorie have any meals they really love? Please don't say "grilled chicken breast" lol that's my dinner every night!

Replies

• freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    So you use whey protein? I can be a life saver on low carb diets. Especially if you struggle with appetie issues.

Here's my whey shake recipe for low carb days... 2 scoop whey, 1 cup coffee, 2-4 TBSP PB, 2 TBSP coconut oil, and two whole eggs. 700- 1000+ calories 60+ G protein.

Here's another awesome one for tuna burgers:
    take one whole can of drained tuna, one whole egg and 2-3 tablespoons of pancake mix, chopped onion and garlic, and seasoning salt. Add any other spices you like too.

Mix it up and make a batter out of it then fry it like a pancake until it's golden brown on each side. Enjoy it
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    If you'd like you can add me as a friend, I'm usuay carb conscious, when I'm cutting. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and would be happy to share recipes I use with you. Im carb cycling right now and on high days I try to eat mainly low GI carbs.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I like zucchini noodles in any form - with marinara, Greek style with feta, roasted red peppers, olives, artichokes and tomato, sautéed veggies with laughing cow to make it cheesy, with peppers, tomatoes, turkey kielbasa and Cajun seasonings, Mexican style with turkey taco meat, scallions, jalapeños, and cheese.

Check out http://inspiralized.com/ for a million different vegetables made into noodles, rice, and even pizza and buns.

We use cauliflower rice to make "risotto" or grits, we also eat a lot of soups, stews, and chilis. Stuffed peppers, zucchini boats, stuffed eggplant, and stuffed spaghetti squash.

Stir fry in any capacity.

And for breakfasts it's usually a frittata/baked crustless quiche or egg muffins.