lost 30lbs...gainned back 25!

Options
I am so upset with myself. I worked, literally, my *kitten* off last year....lost 30lbs eating healthfully and working out....bought a new house, moved, re-did most of it, work full time mother of two....lost track of making time for myself again....and am back where i started! I SWORE I would never be here again. I guess old habits really do die hard because I thought I had things figured out. I really did not diet-I ate well. I exercised. And now I have to figure it out all over again.....anyone ever be in similar situation and have positve results?? I am feeling so defeated, I am wondering where the hell I will find the motivation needed!

Replies

• 165ordietrying
    165ordietrying Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've been in that exact situation. At my highest I was 260 something.....then got down to 244 gained the 20 back then got down to 220 gained 20 back and the cycle has continued throughout the 70 pounds I have lost. What works for me is getting back into an exercise routine. For me that is always easier than the food part of the equation....and eventually I get to the point where I am like "well if I am busting my hump in the gym I guess I better eat better as well". As far as motivation goes, I think that is more of a non issue...because it is a fleeting thing. I would just start setting habits...even if you can't/don't feel like doing everything now that you did initially to lose the weight, just incorporate one or two of the things that you did and build on that. You can do this.
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    6 years ago I was at 190 and just started college and saw all the skinny girls on campus and wanted to be thin too, so I lost over 50lbs! I swore to myself I would never get that big again!! Here I am at 225 (started at 241). I had a son and then ended up losing him. I was devastated and would go from eating everything in site to not eating anything for days at a time. I completely destroyed my body. But here I am now, mentally healthy and I will get physically healthy again as well! It's hard but my motivation is remembering how great I felt at 150 and that's my motivation. Well and trying to be the sexy wife my husband can brag about for real ;)
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too much. It's hard when you are raising a family, working, etc. Just hit your reset button and get back on track. The changes you make must fit you and your life comfortably for them to be successful long term. Revaluate your goals and priorities. I see it everyday--Mom's bring their kids out for activities and sitting on the sidelines.......Join in the activity and get your exercise in while the kids are doing theirs. Good luck--you can do it! :smile:
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    That was me prior to this year. I would call myself a yoyo in terms of fitness. For probably 6 years I'd go to the gym on and off. Workout for a few months, then back slide or train for an event then stop once it was over. I've been as low as 200 and as high as 230 in the past 6 years or so.

Today, 190ish and a lot smarter ... in terms of training and eating. I've been hitting the gym consistently since January 7th this year. I've made changes to my routine both eating and training. And in all honesty, I find it really enjoyable.

But there is nothing anyone can say here to get you back into gear. YOU have to want to change. I get encouragement from the guys on my FL and a few call me out on my shenanigans. But I'm someone who can take criticism, I actually welcome it. Make the decision to be a different you everyday, that's what motivates me @ 3:55 every morning.
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for commenting!

I think I just needed to hear that I wasn't the only person who has walked this path, and that there is a way out. I think I knew it anyways, but it just helped to hear it!

I had a little "poor me party" (it lasted an hour-I was the only guest) but I am picking myself up by the boot straps and going to turn the tide....I even brought my work out clothes to work and am going to sneak in a workout here before I go pick up my kids (that worked for me last year).

So, I sincerly appreciate you hearing me out, and chimming in with some words of wisdom. MG_Fit--I can handle critism--I like it too. Time for me to do this for myself again...I felt about 50, 000 times better at this point last year when i was 25lbs lighter and working out everday! I am better for myself, my husband, my kids, my work....everything when I am better to myself. I know that-I've lived it. No excuses-no BS--I am going "to make the decision to be different" starting today. Thank you, that will stick with me.

MKCongrove1-I am SO SORRY for the loss of your son. The only thing I can say is that I am awe of your strength and resilience because I can only imagine how devestating that is. I will think of you when I am feeling like I can't get up and go and tell myself that if you can do it--there is no reason on Earth that I can't. You just inspired me-thank you.

165ordietryin-I will incorporte a few small changes and make them stick. I think last time I was too strict with myself and when I stopped, I fell hard. Thank you for the wisdom-sometimes it is hard to see the forrest through the trees!

Ibesaw-I am definately going to join in and get my girls moving too! It will be fun for all of us!

Again--THANK YOU--your advice has been appreciated. I will report back in a few months when I am feeling way more fit!