What I Miss from 135 Pounds Ago

Options
unckate7
unckate7 Posts: 22 Member
So I don't read a lot of weight loss blogs, but one (Can You Stay for Dinner) is a really great writer, and three of her posts really resonate with me (as I think they might with someone who's lost any amount of weight).
What I Miss from 135 Pounds Ago Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3

Has anyone else ever experienced these types of thoughts? Missing some things from back when you were heavy? Her Part 3 post actually almost made me cry - it's so nice for someone to be kind about themselves, even when they were heavy. Just thought this series of articles might resonate with some others out there.

Replies

• cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this. I miss the reckless abandon when it came to eating. Digging into a pan of fresh baked brownies or going to a buffet and seeing how much I could fit on my plate. Now that I've discovered serving sizes and nutrition labels, there's no way I can (or will) go back to my old eating habits.

I'm about halfway to my goal and smaller than I've ever been in my adult life. It's weird to admit that it's a little scary each time I drop a size. Don't get me wrong, I'm also super excited, but it's all uncharted territory for me. I'm used to being big. I was comfortable that way. Not super happy or confident, but it was normal for me. Losing weight is taking me out of my comfort zone. I like the changes that have come along with it. I love the boosted confidence, the new activities, the people I've met. I look forward to seeing the changes that will come with the next 30lbs.
  • BakerAcer
    BakerAcer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I really enjoyed it, especially the third section. During college, I lost over sixty pounds, then put most of it back on when I started drinking, then became a chef and tasting things all day and a general love of food hasn't helped, but I can say that even though I weigh a little over 200 lbs right now I feel better about myself than I did after losing a ton of weight and being about 40 lbs less than I am right now.

When I was smaller it was as though I never felt like I'd accomplished something, that if I wasn't losing at the rate I started at I sucked and I never felt good about myself. I hated spending so much time at the gym, on a treadmill hours a week. I missed the reckless abandon she talks about. I also hated having to have conversations about my weight loss all the time; it seemed that a weight loss success story was all I was to a lot of people.

I think I have a much healthier and loving attitude toward myself now and am confident that if old me was able to lose 60 lbs. current me can too, but hopefully I can continue to be accepting of myself and confident because I may be overweight right now, but I'm still capable of being sexy, dancing like a maniac, and having fun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!