i am pregnant

bunkahes
bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
Would like to be still healty, eat right, and try to maintain as much as I can, but this is my first pregnancy, and don't know where to go from here, just got don't doing Atkins, since I was longer able to eat and drink certain foods. Please give suggestions

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Do you think your OB would give you a referral to a dietitian?
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Both of my OB's explained to me that there is no such thing as a 50 pound baby. While pregnancy should not be an excuse for a free for all, only your OB can direct your specific dietary needs with the assistance of a registered dietician if need be. Congratulations <3
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    As the other two said more tenderly, your pregnancy is super duper delicate, and what worked for one woman may not be right for the next. Get a professional opinion :)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Do you think your OB would give you a referral to a dietitian?

+1. I really think it's worth seeing a dietitian (NOT a nutritionist) for a plan. You can still focus on your health and fitness - for you and your baby!
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Congrats!!!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,178 Member
    bunkahes wrote: »
    Would like to be still healty, eat right, and try to maintain as much as I can, but this is my first pregnancy, and don't know where to go from here, just got don't doing Atkins, since I was longer able to eat and drink certain foods. Please give suggestions

If you have reached a healhty weight, then you need a plan to gain the recommended 15-25 lbs or so. If you are still overweight, not gaining at all, so still losing body fat, might be not only safe but also recommended. So, talk to your dr, and see if he/she can help you find a dietician, or if the hospital has a department than can help with nutrition. In the meantime, if you want to be on the safe side, keep eating at maintenance, there is no reason to eat more at the first months.
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Congrats!!
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    aggelikik wrote: »
    bunkahes wrote: »

If you have reached a healhty weight, then you need a plan to gain the recommended 15-25 lbs or so. If you are still overweight, not gaining at all, so still losing body fat, might be not only safe but also recommended. So, talk to your dr, and see if he/she can help you find a dietician, or if the hospital has a department than can help with nutrition. In the meantime, if you want to be on the safe side, keep eating at maintenance, there is no reason to eat more at the first months.

OP, I feel you, I think this ^ is my plan. I want to be out of the obese category before I try to get pregnant (5 lbs to go) but then if I am still overweight I am planning on discussing maintenance this time around (with my doctor's ok) and taking my vitamins.