Back again after losing my daughter

Options
Hi, I'm Alice, 26, in Dublin. Have about 3 stone to lose. I'm back again after a few years!
Going to be very honest about why I'm here...

I was here before and was very successful. Lost about 3 stone. Left my ex. Started a new happy life.
Met the most wonderful man, and after 2 years together I got pregnant. Sadly at 5 months pregnant I went into labour and my daughter Ruby Elizabeth lived for just an hour.
Now 3 months after her death I am carrying baby weight plus lots more from 3 months of over eating and drinking.
I need to lose this weight. I'm so unhappy with my body, for so many reasons, mostly for not keeping my little girl safe. This is a step for me to change my relationship with my body I guess.

Would love to hear from anyone else who has been through similar. Baby weight is extra cruel without a baby to show for it.

Replies

• Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Hi Alice. So very sorry for your loss. I have not experienced what you have, so I can't say that I know how you feel, but I have a good idea. I may have no right to say this, but please do not feel like you did not keep your precious daughter safe.

I wish you great success!
  • Yamil0507
    Yamil0507 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, I had a miscarriage I wasn't as far along but both my husband I were depressed for a while. It was a planned pregnancy and we tried for months. I don't know your beliefs but trust in God always..I'm looking to lose 15 lbs don't know what that is in stones. Add me if u want
  • pjammer357
    pjammer357 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that is not your fault but it is the nature of grief that we always feel guilty. I lost a son and put on 40 lbs in 4 months. So I do understand. It takes time. My son died 32 years ago and I still have hard days. But it does get easier. Be very kind to yourself.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.
  • CarissaTBell
    CarissaTBell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss Alice. If you would like the support & encouragement I can be an accountability partner for you along the way as I am also looking to lose weight from mamahood & overeating. Add me if you would like:)