No results with insanity. Cortisol problem??

Options
2»

Replies

• rdtaylor22
    Options
    I am accurately measuring everything. I am definitely not underestimating my caloric intake. (I have a Master's Degree in Exercise Physiology/Kinesiology and a background in Nutrition). I have had my resting metabolic rate measured in the lab (pre-pregnancy) and was burning 2200kcal/day at rest. I am 5'11" and very muscular. Burning ~3500 kcal/per day is not unreasonable for my weight/height/activity level (plus breastfeeding!) Before pregnancy, I competed in triathlons and cycled 50+ miles per week. I know the math does not make sense. That is why I posted. Nobody has any advice on cortisol levels?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Nobody has any advice on cortisol levels?

You didn't say what they were :-)

But seriously, I've yet to see any actual science around cases of apparent calorie deficit but no weight loss - it would be nice to see a clinical analysis of such subjects, or even a hypothesis. Elevated levels of insulin inhibiting lipolysis is the nearest thing I've seen so far.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    Do you think it would be a good idea to get your BMR tested for post pregnancy? Pregnancy does funny things to us women, it would not surprise me in the least if this has changed thus putting the calculation for TDEE off. I don't really know though, just a suggestion. Hope you find the answer soon. :smile:
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I am accurately measuring everything. I am definitely not underestimating my caloric intake. (I have a Master's Degree in Exercise Physiology/Kinesiology and a background in Nutrition). I have had my resting metabolic rate measured in the lab (pre-pregnancy) and was burning 2200kcal/day at rest. I am 5'11" and very muscular. Burning ~3500 kcal/per day is not unreasonable for my weight/height/activity level (plus breastfeeding!) Before pregnancy, I competed in triathlons and cycled 50+ miles per week. I know the math does not make sense. That is why I posted. Nobody has any advice on cortisol levels?

Having a Master's degree in anything doesn't guarantee that you don't underestimate you calorie intake or overestimate calories burned. Now if those numbers are giving you a proper deficit, my next suggestion would be to see a doctor which you're already doing.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options

Well I'm not a doctor and I don't have a Master's Degree in anything, but life because I've lived a long time. I do however have the ability to reason, so if all this is true and your doctor is clueless I think you should go to a different doctor or your math is wrong.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing the arm band all day? I don't have one is that something you're supposed to do? I would think that wearing it all day would add in your BMR too then to your "calories burned?" The way I do it is by only counting the calories burned from actual exercise and not everyday activities. I just can't imagine you are burning that many calories just from doing insanity.

The BMF is worn all day, or at least you try to so when she says I burn about 3500 a day that is including the exercise during Insanity, not what is burned just during Insanity.