today is the first day of my plan for improving my health.

bates291
bates291 Posts: 1 Member
I have been slowly and steadily working on improving my non-active computer sitting college courses bloated body to become active enough to start a regular exercise regimen that will help me shed the extra pounds that makes my current health so miserable. I am new to this though and I have medical issues that have to be worked around so if anyone has any ideas or helpful hints on exercises that are computer potato approved to start out slowly. I have to keep everything very low impact to start out. I have chronic back pain issues, arthritis throughout my body and week knees and ankles with carpal tunnel in both wrists to top it all off. I welcome any and all practical suggestions. I obviously can't just jump up and go join a marathon. I have also been very ill for the last 3 weeks and I feel as weak as a newborn right now. I am starting with just making it through a shopping trip leaning heavily on the shopping cart right now. I plan to start adding a daily walk to my day as well as a bicycle ride when my husband gets my bike rolling again. Small steps.

Replies