Nutrition plan

I am currently 21% body fat -aiming to get to 18! Big task I know.
I work out 5/6 times a week at least 3/4 weight lifting and/or cardio (which I do vary exercises)

I would like some advice on food to eat.
The past few days have been terrible due to a wedding and failure of reaching this goal by the deadline (the wedding)
I am back on track and a usual day for me :
Eggs (5 times a week)/porridge (twice a week. Either with veg in or fruit

Rice cakes/fruit/smoothies/protein bar or shake

Chicken/Turkey/quorn with wholewheat noodles, rice, pasta or something similar with veg in

Another snack of any above

Dinner usually homemade
Chicken/Turkey/lean ground beef/quorn with vegetables

And sometimes a protein shake before bed if I feel I need one.

Over all I don't think I eat to badly but can't seem to shift any more body fat.. Don't know where I'm going wrong? Can anyone help me? :(

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    The problem isn't as much the quality of your food, but possibly the intake/ quantity you are eating. Calories in vs calories out whether it's healthy or not!(:
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    All I can say is eat fat to burn fat. In my experience, the body has a very hard time switching fuel sources between converted glucose from carbohydrates and glycogen to ketone bodies made from fat cells.

Do the research. If you want to burn fat, you have to eat food that allows the body to tap into the fat stores your body already has. Otherwise, you eat food that makes you eat more food for energy.
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    I was also eating healthy foods and working out 5 days a week trying to build muscle and tone up my body. I visited a dietitian who also did sports nutrition, visited an exercise physiologist who,s speciality was sports science. I am now being successful and close to my goal weight. I am 70 weigh 57kg and 166cms. My goal is 56kg. I was advised to eat more protein, and now have a protein shake after my workout as well as eating more protein. I was also told not to bother counting calories so I have not been logging in for a while as I have to enter my workouts in my gym,s program as well as my coaches program. Maybe you could see s dietitian to tweek your food intake, it is well worth the small cost I found. Good luck