Going to a baseball game tonight. What can I eat?

Options
So, heading to a ball game with the hubby tonight and I LOVE ball game hot dogs. I've eaten very few calories today and I'm hoping I can have one and a diet soda (the only one of those I'm having this week.) Eh, what do you think?

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I would get nachos. A hot dog. A beer. And then hopefully there will be funnel cakes.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry when you are at the game, go ahead and have the hotdog and diet soda. Enjoy yourself.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes to the hotdog and the soda. Enjoy the game. :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I would get nachos. A hot dog. A beer. And then hopefully there will be funnel cakes.

This. Only replace funnel cake with "more beer". I don't usually want sweets at a ballgame.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

This. Only replace funnel cake with "more beer". I don't usually want sweets at a ballgame.

'More beer' is always a good go to.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    OP not sure what your calorie goal is but a hot dog, even at a ball game, is really not that calorie dense. Probably around 350-400 cals before you add in whatever toppings you like. That and a diet coke should easily fit into your day. You might even have room for peanuts.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your hot dog or two! Have fun.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Next time, I recommend you look and see what they have at the particular stadium. This May, I went to a game for the first time in years and would have been stuck with a plain old hotdog if I hadn't checked out the places ahead of time.

m8lIjgR.jpg?2
    I ate this chicken and waffle cone at Minute Maid Park and it was worth every calorie.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. It's not like it's a daily event.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Had the dog! It was delicious. Then half of my husband's chicken nachos, which were also delicious. Only a few calories over for the day. Not bad!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    mrsdrshot wrote: »
    Had the dog! It was delicious. Then half of my husband's chicken nachos, which were also delicious. Only a few calories over for the day. Not bad!

Good job, but most importantly, did your team win?
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It's not the calories in ballpark food that's outrageous it's the price.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

And yet the vendors still make a good profit. So what is more outrageous, the $12 beer or the person purchasing said beer? :-)
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Good job, but most importantly, did your team win?
    [/quote]

They were way ahead when we left! It was beautiful out, and we enjoyed the 4 hours we were there - but you know, babysitter.
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Yep! 2 dogs, one soda, one nachos = $24. Worth it though.