Replies

• DissaB
    DissaB Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! That's really awesome! Great job!:happy:
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I got compliments when I started to get close to my pre-baby weight so around 40lbs, I think before that people were afraid to say anything because I had just had a baby and they didn't want to "insult" me. After that I REALLY started getting compliments after I lost another 20lbs.

How long did it take you to lose your baby weight?
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It feels great doesn't it? How have you been losing your weight?

Well -- I will tell you that I have never "let myself go" in my life. I am in my 20's and I have ALWAYS watched what I ate, exercised, etc. I was always aware and I have tried so many diets. I even resorted to Slim Fast -- which is not a healthy way to get nutrients (in my opinion). I would only ever lose 5 lbs right at the beginning then it would stop.

So finally I joined MFP and I have been tracking my food everyday. 95% of the time I'm under my calorie goal (which is set at around 1500 but I usually try to get a net of 1200-1300) and I exercise everyday. I started out with just some small things like lunges, crunches, squats, etc. I would do a 15 min work out during my lunch in my office. Then I started adding some walking after work with my doggies. I work for the government, so I have a job where I get to work from home two days a week. So now on the days I work at home, I use my wii Biggest Loser game, wii Zumba, or wii Just Dance 2 games to get a good workout at lunch. I also do this on the weekends. I started with just 20-25 min workouts and lost the most of my weight that way. The past few weeks I have been upping my workouts on my work at home days and on the weekend, to around an hour of dancing zumba and/or just dance. But I have not been losing much weight recently.

I discovered the reason I was not losing weight before MFP was because I was not eating enough most days (with a few days of overeating) so my body was going into starvation mode. Now that I have been working out more, I have been eating a little more, but I completely estimate the calories burned and I think I am underestimating. I'm too scared to eat much more without knowing how much I burned for sure. So I just ordered a heart rate monitor and it's actually being delivered today! That should help more accurately estimate the calories burned and help me get back on the weight loss track :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!