Hello From Northern California

jneane
jneane Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi MyFitnessPal friends,

My name is J'Neane and I've been on myfitnesspal since May 22, 2010. I love this tool and I use it each and every day. Its amazing how much you think you're "not" eating until you pay attention to the calories. I purchased a carton of chocolate milk this AM for my snack and when I looked at the calories I couldn't believe that little carton had 220 calories in it!! Without myfitnesspal I probably wouldn't have even paid attention and downed it (it does taste pretty good). Instead I decided to drink half of the carton for a wonderul 110 calorie snack. See, its stuff like that that keeps me dedicated and motivated to see the numbers onmy colorful tracker continue to go down, down, down.

So far I've lost 6lbs since starting and I feel great. I look forward to exercise and seeing the food I eat itemized in such a way that I can't be oblivious - I have to take responsibility.

Reach out to me. Can't wait to share our journeys together.

Replies

• cj0725
    cj0725 Posts: 28 Member
    I have had success with this as well. It is amazing how much I am capable of eating if I don't think about it! I use my iPhone app as well, so I account for absolutely everything I eat! I have learned that I can still eat the yummies I love, I just need to eat the portion size and be happy with that. (white chedder cheetos naturals are my absolute favorite!!! :tongue: )

Welcome and good luck to you!!!! CJ
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi and welcome, J'Neane! I love this site too. I started out in April and haven't looked back since. I made a lifestyle overhaul and I'm much happier, more energetic, and have consistently shed pounds. I'll add you as a friend...make quite a bit of MFP pals because they really keep you motivated. By the way, chocolate milk is considered a very good post workout treat for the body...in fact, a better recovery drink than a lot of them out there!
This discussion has been closed.