Help with weight loss plan?

Hi :)
I am wanting to lose around 20-30kg in around 6-8 months. Will possibly take a little longer which is fine but the faster the better as I'm heading overseas then so want to look and feel good! I'm female, 5'7 and 22 and wanting to get to around 65-70kg - I want to be slim but not teeny tiny. Ideally around a size AU10.

Can you please let me know what you think of my plan below? And any improvements to help see results? FYI I am interested in the 5:2 method as it's health benefits sound really good as someone with a diabetic father and poppa. Also please bear in mind I sit at a desk all day so am quite sedentary apart from the gym and a brief stroll at lunch time. I'm mostly a little unsure re how many calories on a non fast day - I don't want too few but I also don't want too many. My TDEE is 2100 but that seems like a lot even with the two fast days. Thank you x

Calories x5 a week = 1700 (BMR) & x2 a week = 500 - net calories of around 1300-1400 per day
Gym x3 a week = 15/20 mins HIIT cardio + 30 minutes strength training
One week per month I will do 4:3 as a monthly 'kick start'

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    The idea of 5:2 is 500 calories of food on the two days and maintenance on the five days.
  • maddystella23
    maddystella23 Posts: 18 Member
    I understand the concept of 5:2 but as I stated above 2100 is a lot when I intend to eat healthily. I don't tend to eat a lot of meat and I'd like to limit things like bread to not every day so I mostly eat a lot of fruit, vegetables, brown rice, chick peas etc when I eat well. So 2100 calories of that is a lot of food.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Maybe IF isn't the best plan for you then. You made posts last year about trying IF so maybe it's just not the right style of eating for you. Time to try something different?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited August 2015
    current weight ? will check the TDEE estimate

guessed at 95 kg which suggests maintenance around 2000 without the exercise. As you have a reasonable amount to lose I would think something that keeps you satisfied in the 1600-1800 cals area would be ok.

A 60g pack of nuts is about 360 cals so energy dense food is available.