Blender recommendation?

Options
Can anyone recommend a good blender that will crush strawberry seeds and doesn't cost as much as my rent? Haha. I use a cheapie right now for my smoothies and the strawberry seeds are brutal. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• khokela
    khokela Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are always going to be seeds in there, although the really fancy ones might break them up a little more. Would trying to strain the smoothie work? Perhaps that's too much effort.

Unfortunately with blenders, my experience is the cheapest ones are bad to ok, and the good ones will run you $200+. I got a deal on a Blendtec and love it (I cook a lot though, so it's worth it for more than just smoothies). Vitamix is also a great brand. Heard so-so about Ninja products.
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You will have seeds with any blender, but the Blendtec does an excellent job. I use it for more than smoothies as well. The Vitamix is the other top of the line.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good blender that will crush strawberry seeds and doesn't cost as much as my rent? Haha. I use a cheapie right now for my smoothies and the strawberry seeds are brutal. Thanks in advance!
    Oster 12-Speed Metallic Gray Blender with 3-Cup Food Processor
    06qje58oidyd.jpg

I bought mine at Walmart for around $40

As for the seeds, forget it. Learn to love them!

• rgillim
    rgillim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about first mixing the strawberries and any other of the really juicy stuff, perhaps some water, filtering that through a sieve, and then adding the more solid stuff. Grinding fruit seeds ain't easy; mother nature makes them very hard for a purpose.
  • jolin83
    jolin83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    THE NINJA!!!!!!! Hands down!!!!! All my alliances are Ninja appliances; LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I don't mind the raspberry seeds at all, they're much smaller, but the strawberry seeds were really rough this morning. I don't mind some seeds, but I have issues with my teeth so the big ones are really bothersome. I'll look into some of these brands. In the meantime, I'll buy a strainer. :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Ninja for sure Mine was $89 on sale,but they have several models. It chews up most anything,including lots of ice,frozen fruit etc.
  • kmacbeth11
    kmacbeth11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you do some searching online you can find refurbished vitamixes which work just as well for less than half the regular price. Once you have a blender like the vitamix you can never go back!!! It gets rid of the seeds for sure and it lasts a long time. My boss got his vitamix secondhand for 100 bucks as well so that's another option. Good luck!
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Oster 12-Speed Metallic Gray Blender with 3-Cup Food Processor
    06qje58oidyd.jpg

I bought mine at Walmart for around $40

As for the seeds, forget it. Learn to love them!
    Can't recall ever being bothered by a strawberry seed, let alone brutalized.
    I bought an Osterizer a lot like the one in Pinnacle's picture about 15 years ago. I'm happy with it.
  • Shannnabanana
    Shannnabanana Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hated the ninja. The tiered blades made it really difficult to pack spinach in my smoothies. I spent the $$$$ on a blendtec and it's the best purchase I've made for our kitchen. Lasts a super long time and gets the job done!
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. No seeds no chunks of frozen fruit. Perfect smoothies. We make at least 2 per day. Worth every penny. Have had at least 6 other blenders. No contest.