Best fast food?

Options
2»

Replies

• RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've been on a Jersey Mike's roast beef and provolone kick lately and think I think that it is the best calorie-sensible fast food. Other nominations?

Eat whatever the hell you like if it fits your macros

Yeah, I think that's the objective. That is why she/he is asking what is out there. :-)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Taco bell
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at how good the grilled chicken/apple/cranberry salad at Burger King was, yesterday! Used half a packet of the dressing and gave away some of the craisins. Did not want the croutons, either.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I like Panera, Subway, Chipotle, Qdoba, and Wendy's. But I can go anywhere and find food that fits my calories/macros. Go online to their menu and plan it out. The places I listed are where I've done that and can go and just order because I always get the same thing.
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with Subway, Chipotle, and Genghis Grill (well, I mean, that's not "fast food" I guess but I'm gonna do with it).
  • ktem88fit
    ktem88fit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say either veggie sub from Subway/Mr. Sub, veggie burger from Harvey's, or a burrito from somewhere (I like a local place in my town).
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    My subway order when I go there: foot long turkey on Italian, no cheese, toasted with the onions and bell peppers (yum) lol, then extra of: lettuce, spinach, tomatoe, pickles, cucumber, banana peppers, and cilantro, then heavy vinegar and some either regular or spicy mustard. If I want cheese I'll add my own when I get home and broil it or toast the sandwhich again to melt the cheese and crisp the bread more! Macros I think comes around to like 6 fat(maybe less), 83 carb, and 33 protein and is less than 550 calories!
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I've been on a Jersey Mike's roast beef and provolone kick lately and think I think that it is the best calorie-sensible fast food. Other nominations?

Eat whatever the hell you like if it fits your macros
    @ThomasWright1997

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd8tZiHexPc
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Hard shells tacos from taco bell, only 170 calories each. Teriyaki Chicken from Panda Express is low in calories, including the sauce. Those are my two staples if I have to get fast food
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    If I was being forced to go to fast food and pick something lower in calories I would probably go to Wendy's and get a large chili. The problem is what to get with the chili. Maybe the sour cream and chive baked potato? Or a second large chili? Or just say F it and get the Baconator that I really want?

https://www.wendys.com/redesign/wendys/pdf/en_US_nutrition.pdf
  • juices2240
    juices2240 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't do fast food because I have the convenience of the bodega. There's one like every two blocks. I keep saying I'm going to try burger king or mcdonalds again someday, mostly because of these threads...but I could go get a fresh burger and homemade fries so I don't.
  • Meglep24
    Meglep24 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

McDonalds McDouble.

Mcdoubles are my crack.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Wendy's is my favorite because of their side options. The chili is packed with protein and their baked potatoes are good too. I can make an entire meal out of those healthy-ish sides, or at least choose one of those instead of french fries. When I was more of a carnivore than I am now, my go-to fast food meal for protein was a Wendy's double cheeseburger with a small chili for the side.

The Taco Bell fresco menu is surprisingly good too, I find it comparable in calories and macros to stuff I would make at home. Plus, Taco Bell is amazing.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    br3adman wrote: »
    Apple slices from McDonalds or buy a cooler fill it with ice and sliced fruit. Will be great nutritional value and faster than waiting in a drive in line.

Hmmm, when I am hungry and want fast food for dinner a bag of apple slices isn't going to cut it.

I am not a burger person, my fast food options would be Subway, a wrap from KFC or pizza.
    Not hard to fit into my calorie goals in sensible portion sizes - or at worst go slightly over. I don't eat fast food every day so my over days are balanced by under days and all is good.

• ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    McDonalds
    double sausage and egg McMuffin

I have 3 normally, fits macros pretty darn goooood.

1725 calories
    105g Protein
    108g Fat
    86g Carbs

I'm lovin' it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    umayster wrote: »
    Absolutely Chipotle! It can be made to fit any nutritional goals.

True, but they are famous for giving you more food than they should, so you're better off counting extra calories.

Personally, if I can avoid it, I avoid fast food, except Panera and local places.

Not seeing the problem here.... more food = better....

BTW, if you do go to Chipotle, one spoon equals 3oz. So you can easily adjust your entry for more.