losing weight

Options
yashika218
yashika218 Posts: 10 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
First off...Good morning! I started weighing my self on Friday and everyday since then I've been weighing myself when I get up in the mornings just to watch the fluctuations. I'm not exercising yet but I will begin this week.Ok the good new is I've lost 6 lbs sincw i weighed myself last sunday. But what I wanna know is losing weight too fast healthy or is that a good weight loss for 1 week?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It's normal in the first week.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is a healthy way to lose weight. The first week or two you may lose more, and weighing yourself daily, you may fluctuate plus or minus a pound or two. But don't let that discourage you.

Exercise IMO is the best way to lose weight. It will get your body to a better fitness level, allow your body to burn calories better, make you feel much better, and allow you more calories to eat.

Also, learning what calories are good for you, and what calories are bad for you will help.

For example...

Fruits and vegetables: Eat more of these.
    Pizza and fast food: Eat less or these.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    bcalvanese wrote: »
    1 pound a week is a healthy way to lose weight. The first week or two you may lose more, and weighing yourself daily, you may fluctuate plus or minus a pound or two. But don't let that discourage you.

Exercise IMO is the best way to lose weight. It will get your body to a better fitness level, allow your body to burn calories better, make you feel much better, and allow you more calories to eat.

Also, learning what calories are good for you, and what calories are bad for you will help.

For example...

Calories are bad? It's just a unit of energy... you get 'bad calories'?
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay in a calorie deficit, why not eat all the foods you enjoy??
  • yashika218
    yashika218 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All I've been doing is watching my calorie intake. I can't wait to start my exercises with it to boost up my weight loss...thanks for the replies guys
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options

For example...

Oh, excuse me. Foods that supply the calories.

Maybe you should try helping the OP out (with a little more than "It's normal in the first week."), instead of picking out my wording mistake.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options

For example...

Maybe you should try helping the OP out (with a little more than "It's normal in the first week."), instead of picking out my wording mistake.

But it is normal in the first week...
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited August 2015
    Options

For example...

Right... ok.

Maybe you should word your responses better... there's going to be people who don't have as much knowledge in here who are potentially going to pick up on misinformed information..

And what did your post help with, exactly?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

For example...

But it is normal in the first week...

*Co-signs* As long as the OP stays under her calorie goal, consistent and patient it's all good.