Don't die dieting

R_Turnz
R_Turnz Posts: 36 Member
theres so many diets out there like juice diets, smoothie diets, high protein no carb diets.

The above all leave your body withdrawn causing headaches, tiredness and insomnia.

Be balanced in diet. Eat nice tasty foods regularly in small portions!

Average portion is the size of your fist!

Hope this helps at least 1 person.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    after a long run, no one is telling me a portion of anything is only the size of my fist!!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2015
    R_Turnz wrote: »
    theres so many diets out there like juice diets, smoothie diets, high protein no carb diets.

The above all leave your body withdrawn causing headaches, tiredness and insomnia.

Be balanced in diet. Eat nice tasty foods regularly in small portions!

Average portion is the size of your fist!

Hope this helps at least 1 person.

pfffft
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    In my late teens and early twenties I tried several different diet pills. These so called 'quick fixes' or miracles in a bottle only managed to damage my cardiovascular system and land me on beta blocker at the age of 27. I only lost a small amount of weight each time and gained it back and more when I stopped taking them. Now, at 39, I am eating a balanced, healthy diet and getting moderate exercise and feeling healthier than I have in a very long time. I am seeing my physician on Wednesday, after losing 32 lbs in the past 5 months, and will hopefully be able to lower the dose of my medication. I don't think I will ever come off of them, but a lower dose is a success in my book.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Reductio ad absurdum from a person with urinals in the background of their profile pic ..... ok.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I'm so going out and eating a fist sized wheel of brie...

Op, you had good intentions, but too little information leads to misinformation. People definitely don't need fad diets or cleanses to lose weight. People only need to consume less than they burn. People should look at the calories in their typical portions and reduce them so that they can hit their calorie goal. In addition, they should try to incorporate plenty of nutrient dense foods to help keep them satited.

And my servings of roasted broccoli are way larger than my fist...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    the omelet I just ate was about the size of three fists, I guess I am doing it wrong…..
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh, so I can have a fist sized portion of nut butter? Get in!
  • R_Turnz
    R_Turnz Posts: 36 Member
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Well technically we are slowly starving to death when dieting. Just remember to stop at some point lol.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    after a long run, no one is telling me a portion of anything is only the size of my fist!!!!
    Tell me more about these fist size portions....

emnoa0x99zlj.jpg