No Alcohol August

Options
Hey MFP! I know this is a day late, but I committed yesterday to following "No Alcohol August". I enjoys good craft beer or a glass of wine most nights of the week, and it's been a BEAUTIFUL summer where I live (meaning lots of nights spent on the patio with friends, enjoying good food and drink!).

I'm eating (extra) clean all this month with my diet loosely resembling the Whole30 program. One of the non-negotiable rules is no booze... And like I said, alcohol is a regular "thing" in my life. I'm excited to see how my body changes with 31 days of no alcohol and extra clean eating!

If you're up for the No Alcohol August challenge, add me. Let's be friends, cause I have a feeling this is going to be a long month needing LOTS of encouragement.

Replies

• jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    lol alchohol is actually prtty easy to fit in your cals actually but yea not if you go hams after one down lol
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Take the money you would spend on wine/beer buy a wine making kit and keep busy making wine all month. I make wine but don't drink it. (I take a sip to see if its bottleable) its quite a relaxing hobby and your friends will love you lol.
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    August (hottest month of summer) is a baddddd month for No Alcohol! That means no Ice Cold Corona Light!!!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... clean eating.
  • blazehill6
    blazehill6 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll give up my rum this month
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm already doing it. It sucks. Especially since I work at a bar. But I'm on day 2, and still holding strong.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I already had 2 beers yesterday for my birthday. I guess I'm out. :-/
  • MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP! I know this is a day late, but I committed yesterday to following "No Alcohol August". I enjoys good craft beer or a glass of wine most nights of the week, and it's been a BEAUTIFUL summer where I live (meaning lots of nights spent on the patio with friends, enjoying good food and drink!).

I'm eating (extra) clean all this month with my diet loosely resembling the Whole30 program. One of the non-negotiable rules is no booze... And like I said, alcohol is a regular "thing" in my life. I'm excited to see how my body changes with 31 days of no alcohol and extra clean eating!

If you're up for the No Alcohol August challenge, add me. Let's be friends, cause I have a feeling this is going to be a long month needing LOTS of encouragement.

Hi Laura, I'm doing the Whole30 program too! My hubby and I are wine drinkers, a few glasses at the end of the day (which leads to food and weight gain). I am determined to break this habit. I would love to join hte "No Alcohol August" challenge. I'm going on day 5 today. So far no real cravings, just a passing thought. You're right though, this IS going to be a long month and encouragement may make it a little easier.

How are you doing with your clean eating? Yesterday I was so tired I could have fallen asleep standing, not like me at all. For me the Whole30 definitely keeps me aware of everything I put in my mouth, which is good. I had no idea how much I nibble on throughout the day without even recognizing that I'm doing so. Today I feel good, at least this morning I do :)
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    jersey_54 wrote: »
    lol alchohol is actually prtty easy to fit in your cals actually but yea not if you go hams after one down lol

I use to have that attitude, "fit it in to my calories". I even had a saying, "walk for the wine". But as most people who drink will attest to, stop after one is the exception, not the rule. lol
  • dianehassinger
    dianehassinger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be on No Alcohol September, October and November. I have to take a treatment and am not allowed any alcohol. Those are going to be three long months even though I have only indulged on the weekends for the past 4 months. That is when I got serious about being fit and cleaned up my diet and alcohol consumption! Hang in there I am sure you can do it!
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I turned 21 six months ago, so I have been trying every and all kinds of alcohol since then. Probably hasn't helped my weight.... I had half a beer on the 1st, but I think I will join this challenge.
  • Stressedby8
    Stressedby8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Wish I could join you but I would be one grumpy girl! I am trying to cut it out during the week, and just indulging on the weekend. So far so good!
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Okay, activity is waning here, what's going on? I'm starting day #6, doing good but could use a few MFP's to walk this difficult journey with. Slept well last night. Up early today and feeling good. Never crave alcohol in the day, it's evenings that's a killer for me.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Day 7 -- Still going strong -- No cravings, feel good, sleeping well. Fortunately I have not had any recreation where alcohol is generally consumed i.e. parties, picnics, etc. . . Come on friends, you can do this too. Let's get going again!
  • ForestFairy022
    ForestFairy022 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    teeheehee I'd be cheating... I never use alcohol... :)
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Still hanging in there, Day 8 :)
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am kicking alcohol after 5years of intense drinking as we speak so I am in!
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Now I'm back from holiday, I'm back on the no-alcohol train. It's already been a week since my last sip of vino :) None until my next holiday in October...