Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    You are not a nice moderator.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Gotta love kids. They tell it like it is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    Lol. Actually I'm quite cordial. My response was just to how honest kids were. Personally myself, if someone was obviously overweight, I don't go up to them and say "hey, did you know you're fat?" That wouldn't be nice.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    Kids do not always tell it like it is... my 3 year old tells me how big my butt is every day and I wear a size 0/2.
    In a 3-year-old's eyes, anything bigger than they are is "BIG!!"
    There's a difference between a 7 and 3 year old though.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love MFP! Add me as a friend if you want. I'm a mom of 4 and down 45 lbs so far!
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I can't begin to count the number of time's I've been on MFP, had success, and fell off the wagon. It's been probably about a year since I've last logged on. Yesterday I had a massive slap in the face. My 7 year old told me I could be a good villain because I'm fat. That hurt....big time! I remember when being his age and being embarrassed when my mother would come to school functions because she was fat. I don't want my son to be embarrassed to be seen with me because I'm fat. So, here I am again with more motivation this time, looking for some new support.

Ouch. My kids will ask about my strechmarks, and "how come you're so soft?". Honestly, they did this when I was my smallest, too, but it really stings when you're bigger. Hugs, and good luck.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have been a teacher of many classes and gotten many comments and questions from children: "Are you going to have a baby?" "Why are you so fat?" I have also taught health and it was personally convicting to teach a nutrition unit, encouraging young teenagers to eat healthy food, have a girl in the class who had lost significant weight, and felt like such a poor example.

But that is life! And sometimes it is the "kick in the pants" we need to do something about our weight. It is never too late to make a change for the better.

And I am not thin now, but have improved and still making progress. So have many of you. o:)

70044776.png
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add another momma to your friends list. I have a 2 year old boy and been on this weight loss journey for just about a year. :)