Anyone do this ?

Options
So I'm on a calorie control diet but recently I've had a change of routine. A big change.

I've found it difficult to keep to my exercise goals, plus I've noticed I'm eating really healthy but more healthy stuff going over my calories. Eg - oh I've been good today have more nuts or carrots and hummus or bananas. I say well it could be worse but of course it could be better.

Anyone had the same experience, anyone got any advice, I know the obvious stop eating :P ! So no nasty comments please!

Thanks

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale? Going over your calorie goal every once in a while won't do a lot of harm. Going over daily, even if you are eating "healthy" foods can stall your weight loss and even cause you to gain. Advice? Get a scale, use it, try to stay within your calorie goal.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale? Going over your calorie goal every once in a while won't do a lot of harm. Going over daily, even if you are eating "healthy" foods can stall your weight loss and even cause you to gain. Advice? Get a scale, use it, try to stay within your calorie goal.

^ This ^

If your weekly trend is and continues to be over, you need to make a change. If your eating due to hunger, then try to shift your intake to increase satiety. That means less fuel ( non fiber ) carbs, and increasing fiber, protein and/or fat intake.

If its not a hunger issue, then you have a behavioral issue you need to resolve.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure and track on MFP. One can eat too much hummus. Get exercise when and where you can. Do squats while brushing your teeth. Pace in place while on the phone or on a conference call. Walk or stair climb on breaks.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Too much of a good thing is bad. Eat the nuts and hummus in smaller quantities and add some lower calorie filling things to your repertoire, such as pickles, popcorn, and more fresh fruits and veggies.
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    What strong_curves said.

Also, are you rewarding yourself with food ("I've been good") or are you eating more because you're genuinely hungry?

If you're rewarding yourself, that requires shifting your focus to non-food rewards. If you're really hungry you may need to talk a little more here/learn a little more about how to plan meals and snacks that are more satisfying.

Reward yourself with shoes instead :smile:
  • lshand28
    lshand28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! All valid!
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters. A calorie is a calorie whether or not it comes from a healthier option. At the end of the day though, at least you are making healthier choices :) and I'm sure your body will thank you for that!