Has anyone had a tummy tuck after weight loss?

Options
GoJul18
GoJul18 Posts: 103 Member
Just wondering if anyone has had a tummy tuck after weight loss or because of pregnancy. If so, how are the results? After two kids and gaining 70-80 with the first then losing it and around 60 with the second and in the process of losing it my stomach is pretty stretched out so I'm considering tummy tuck once I'm down to my pre preggo size. Please no harsh comments or negativity unless it's about your experience, thanks!

Replies

• Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am gettin one as well. Trying to see to have ASAP b/c I want to be able to get leaner and not worry about it later. I went in 2010 from 180 to 280 with my pregnancy. Lost it all and some gained 40 back again
    Last year and now lost it all again. Never ending. However, this time I have been working out really hard and want to do it for myself. Not much of skin sagging but I have a little roll down there and it is very annoying. TMI Good luck!
  • roni0906
    roni0906 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am looking to have my tummy tuck in March, 2016. I m desperately wanting to get to 170 lbs before then. I know it is totally doable, however, I have had such a difficult time trying to drop the rest of the weight. I was 237 lbs when I had my son 6 years ago (3rd pregnancy). In 7 months, I had dropped to about 175 lbs and then regained weight and hit my highest non-pregnancy weight at 203 lbs. I told myself that I really needed to change my health so I don't have problems and wanted more energy. I started watching what I eat and do an hour of cardio 5-6 days per week. I have been pretty steady from about 180-190 lbs over the past year.

I recently underwent breast reduction (7 weeks post-op) and have started the C25K and weight training again. I walk for 30 minutes everyday at lunch and with the C25K 3x per week and weight training 2 days on/1 day off. The days that I don't do C25K, I add another 30 minutes of walking in the evening.

I have met with a surgeon and while he said he would perform the tummy tuck at my current weight, he said that if I plan to lose more, to wait. He has had patients that insisted on having the tummy tuck outside of their goal weight, lose another 40 lbs post surgery and want another tummy tuck. Sorry, but I am only doing that crap once. I would suggest to meet with a board-certified surgeon and get their opinion. Most will do a free consult (check out RealSelf.com) and will tell you what they suggest. I was hoping lipo would do the trick but I have too much loose skin and need muscle repair. My lowest adult weight has been 135 lbs and my highest with pregnancy 237 lbs so I am quite stretched out and no amount of exercise or weight loss will fix it to the level I want.

Good luck and I really hope you meet your goal weight so you can get your per-pregnancy body back.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    @roni0906 if you are only looking to lose another 10 or 15 pounds and have been holding pretty steady at your current weight for a year, I'd say having it done now would be fine and losing a few more pounds wouldn't change your results that much. But if you plan to lose potentially 40 or more pounds, I would hold off. Doctors will still it at a higher weight, like yours, but the best results are when you're closer to goal. It will also give you a better idea of what your body looks like at a healthy weight and what is fat versus what is loose skin.
  • gettingreallyfedupnow
    Options
    I had mine 5 years ago and it's the best decision I ever made. There was so much loose skin that I could pull it up and out about 8" from my body, so the surgeon had to do an additional vertical incision to pull the loose skin in from the sides. My scar is like an anchor, straight down the middle and hip to hip, but it looks far better than all that loose skin - I had over a square m cut out!!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I am considering it after I've maintained for about 1-2 yrs.

Currently just starting to maintain.
    HW: 260 lbs
    CW: 121.5 - 125

I've had 2 csections so I'm not really worried about another scar. I really just want to see if I can maintain this weight before doing anything drastic
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!